Sponsored Links Spacer Image

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/30/2012 3:19am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After training for ten years, I finally suffered my first sprain (wrist) this past monday. It's not too bad, and seems to be healing rapidly.
    I am, thankfully, not very injury prone.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2012 11:17am

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not sure I have a "most memorable" as they all suck and I hate thinking about them.

My most memorable is not my injury and is not a MA related. While in college playing football, I watched a player on the opposing team break his tibia and fibula to the point where he was laying face down and his toes were pointed towards the sky. The memorable part, as we saw broken bones weekly, was the paramedics doing a "field set" of the broken bones. We could here the trauma doctors telling the paramedics what they needed to do to the kid.

My most recent injury occured the Wednesday right before NAGA St. Louis this year. I was doing a bull in the ring and went for an upa when my left oblique tore loose. I was always weak there from getting kicked in the ribs by my dad when I was 7-8 years old. The ribs had broken off and never healed back, so the obliques have less attachment, hence making them weak on that side. How I overcame, going to the NAGA event and kicking the crap out of my division. It made me feel quite a bit better. :)

Posted On:
    8/30/2012 11:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The two best ones would be when i broke my neck in gymnastics, and when i got hit by a car while on my bicycle.
    I still have some issues with both of those.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/31/2012 2:46am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmmmm, injuries. Ten years ago I was told that I was really getting better. All that had happened was that one arm and one leg healed and I had four limbs, once again. Lately I"ve given up on the healing part. Injuries have taken me to a lower level and I don't expect to be able to overcome. My current instructor is even older than I, and has had 31 operations, after being "saved" with an engine on his lap, sitting in the back seat. He had been driving the car when he was hit. He's adjusted and still works out. I expect I'll keep working out too, but like Professor, I'll just have to adjust.

*edit, but he's fucking thin! I have an idea that if I get thin I'll last a lot longer, in more ways than one.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 8/31/2012 2:55am at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    8/31/2012 8:43am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Broken Radius and Ulna during Brown Belt test off a botched Ura Nage, failed the test. Surgery, 2 plates, 12 screws and 3 months of healing and rehab. Retook test and passed.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/01/2012 10:23am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am currently a week and a half post op for ACL reconstruction on my right knee. I tore my ACL and maniscus while stick fighting. So far this injury beats all my broken bones(clavicle, ankle, nose, fingers, toes, ribs) and other surgery(abdominal laparotomy).

Yeah, I'm all busted up. And rehab sux!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/27/2012 12:11pm

Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember I tore my (left)ACL doing a front stretch/split during an precomp training. Yeah I'll admit that does suck on a different scale then breaking bones. The heal time is long to, 6 months for me. I'm excited to get my hand splint off in a week or two. I have a feeling I'm going to train till I puke when fully rehabilitated.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    9/27/2012 12:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo, randori, I spazz into something resembeling a tomoe nage, and manage to get my pinkytoe get caught in/underneath his belt, CRACK.

It was kinda funny.

I stood up, and for about the first 5 to 10 secs you dont feel anything weird...then the pain kicks in...good lord..

Just remembered another one: BJJ rolling, I try to scramble for sidecontrol and we used to have these lose mats you pile up in a corner of the gym afterwards, so during the scrambeling I got caught with my big toe between two mats (in the sorta crack) and the toenail of my big toe was standing up in a 90 degree angle.
    hehe

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2012 3:27am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One time a couple weeks ago my right knee felt a little sore after doing a lot of knee strikes during training. It felt better the next day though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2012 4:44am

Style: Jhoon Rhee Tae-Kwon-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I caught the chain on the heavy bag doing a roundhouse tonight. Lost some skin, but damn it was a pretty kick!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast