Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2012 6:58am

Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Most memorable injury and how you overcaim

Hey asshats. What's your most memorable injury. Mine just happened yesterday. Currently in a hand splint, broken nose, cut eye, and busted lip protruding into what looks like a middle eastern sloth...

Realistically what I look like:

What I feel like:

Yes, what makes this injury interesting, also memorable is how it occurred and was played out in the ER. Also. Did you know that real estate is code for sex?

Yesterday morning I woke up to get ready for the day and all it's glory. My usual routine. My usual routine is to do anaerobic in my weight room and stretch while I was stretching, the dumb bell rack had been leaning to a side. Soon to find myself unconscious and broken underneath them for two hours till I managed to crawl myself to my bathroom staining blood everywhere and checked the time. It was 7a.m. I began at 5a.m. At the ER. I found myself with a decent looking one. I began engaging in small talk to find out she was a realtor, gone nurse, with a husband, who later got my number out of information after I had told her i was an investor and that I didn't usually carry business cards to the ER. This is truth since they're only in both my Rolodex and brief case :yaoming: I later that night i got a text "hey this is Stephanie from er. this is my number". So I'm thinking.. am I going to respond? Hell no, Do I feel decent again? **** yes. That's what made this memorable.

What's your worst, or most memorable injury yet to date? What was memorable about it? Point if it involves in martial arts. The hand splint for hand was from judo two weeks ago I didn't even know occurred until I got a CaT scan.
    Last edited by Smackjack; 8/25/2012 7:05am at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2012 7:41am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never really taken any serious injuries in my martial arts career. The only really memorable wound I received was a gash on my head caused by the headgear of a heavyweight wrestler. I had to wear a sock thing on my head, which made me look like a candlestick.

Posted On:
    8/25/2012 8:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This year, torn meniscus, torn MCL. Surgery, PT. Back in action. I was out for about seven weeks. Being older I no longer have the "OMG I'm missing training" thing. Really wasn't a big deal except for all the hobbling around at the begining.

Posted On:
    8/26/2012 1:42pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doing a boardbreak in krotty, and my instructor decides the Mawashi Geri with the ball of the foot doing the break into the board. Of course, my toes don't bend as far as his, but does that stop me? No.

My toe sails directly into the board and bends backward. Board smashed. Me permanently crippled, all the tendons torn and swollen, so what grows back is weak, bulky, and the toe doesn't bend much.

Boards do hit back.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Posted On:
    8/26/2012 7:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could never do that ball of the foot stuff either.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2012 5:18am

Style: Jhoon Rhee Tae-Kwon-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah the ball of the foot thing really hurt me at first. Now my toes only bend up ad look like something that a mexican circus abandoned.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2012 7:35am

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A little more than two weeks ago my left calf cramped up during sparring, the next day my left heel became very sore, almost as though it was bruised.

Yesterday I went on my first run since the injury, my calf and heel felt good at the start but I had to stop before even the first mile because the pain came back. Now this morning I'm back to limping with the odd sensation in my calf muscle like it may try to cramp up at anytime.

It's an injury that has me a bit paranoid and hopefully soon I can repost on how I overcame it.

Posted On:
    8/27/2012 8:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Busted my left foot something awful a couple years back.

I was practicing some kicks on the heavy bag. The stand had these metal pegs sticking up from the base for putting weights on. So I'm being carefull with my angles and doing a few at 60% power to warm up.

I'm feeling pretty good. My acuracy is good, my hits are good, my form is good. I'm ready to throw FULL POWER!!!

I chamber, I kick...

...I hit one of those weight pegs full force with my instep...

...it fell about as good as it sounds.

I spent a month limping around on a cane and probably another two or three before I could work kicks again.

Posted On:
    8/27/2012 8:38am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't reach out with one hand to brake fall in judo when you have a 200 pound human attached to you mid air.
    I dislocated inwardly my right shoulder. Don't do judo...
    By the way, lol at getting smashed by your weight rack...that is some funny ****!
    Almost a Darwin award death!

There's not enough words to describe my existence.

Posted On:
    8/27/2012 9:17am

supporting member
     Style: No Style

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tie, between the crushed heel/tendon injury that ended my Shotokan karate training in the 80s, and the shoulder tear injury that ended my judo training in the 90s.

Worst non-MA injury: I broke my left ulna and radius clean through after being tossed from a wild Belgian thoroughbred. Ended junior high typing class, woohoo!
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast