232459 Bullies, 3909 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/26/2012 2:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I'd agree if she wasn't a noob herself. He's whining about it now and I wouldn't be surprised, from his attitude, if he whined about it then and it led to her outburst.
    He might be a dick. Don't know. I'm just answering the question and not reading into it more than that. If she's a noob too, then she's probably got as much to learn about what is typical and what isn't as he does. Him being a dumbass noob doesn't preclude her from being one. Maybe it was the perfect storm of spazztacularness.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/26/2012 3:00pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    He might be a dick. Don't know. I'm just answering the question and not reading into it more than that. If she's a noob too, then she's probably got as much to learn about what is typical and what isn't as he does. Him being a dumbass noob doesn't preclude her from being one. Maybe it was the perfect storm of spazztacularness.
    If we know anything about many MA noobs is, they all feel their position is right regardless of the situation. He said she has six months.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/26/2012 3:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If we know anything about many MA noobs is, they all feel their position is right regardless of the situation. He said she has six months.
    I missed the six months part. It sounds to me like we're all offering solutions and criticism where there isn't a problem. Noobs doing noob ****. Nothing to see here.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/26/2012 3:14pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he thinks someone giving him advice is about anger and bitterness then yeah he needs some solutions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2012 3:22pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know about you guys but I almost NEVER get "advice" from a women that's NOT about anger and bitterness.

PS. When someone says if you ever try to put it in my ass again I'll cut your dick off when your sleeping, is that considered advice?

Posted On:
    8/26/2012 3:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he thinks someone giving him advice is about anger and bitterness then yeah he needs some solutions.
    A 6 month noob shouldn't be giving advice. I'm taking his word that she was pissed since he was there and I wasn't.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/26/2012 3:44pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A 6 month noob shouldn't be giving advice.
    We will disagree.

I'm taking his word that she was pissed since he was there and I wasn't.
    I'm not, as I wasn't there, and his post comes off as very angry.

Posted On:
    8/26/2012 6:45pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A 6 month noob shouldn't be giving advice. I'm taking his word that she was pissed since he was there and I wasn't.
    More to the point she got tapped out while she had someone in HER guard. She really wasn't in the position to give any sorts of advice.
    I would assume she was angry cause she got tapped in a situation in which she just shouldn't. I know I get a little peeved mostly at myself when stupid **** like this happens.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2012 10:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Like Water View Post
    I say just be careful with tracheal chokes. If you aren't too insanely brutish with it, and your partner's ego doesn't keep them from tapping when they really should, there shouldn't be a huge problem. I've gone home with a sore trachea before; but it's really not teh deadly that trachea striking karate folks would have you believe it is.
    While I believe the force necessary to collapse one's trachea is probably outside the realm of possibilities with most strikers, there is still danger associated with the hyoid bone, located in the upper region of the Adam's apple:

http://radiology.rsna.org/content/72/6/872

Fracture of the hyoid bone is likely to prove fatal because of asphyxia. Sufficient stress to cause a hyoid fracture will frequently produce soft-tissue injuries which mask its presence unless the attending physician deliberately examines the bone radiographically, or familiarity with the clinical symptoms alerts him to its possibility. Conversely, the external visible evidence of a fracture or severe soft-tissue injury may be so slight that the possibility is overlooked. Patients may die because of asphyxia associated with pharyngeal and laryngeal spasm, unless relieved by tracheotomy.
    Case II: Fracture of the Hyoid Bone from a Blow by a Fist. A 22-year-old white man became involved in a fist fight and sustained a fracture of the nose and hyoid bone. He was brought directly to the hospital from a short distance but was quite dyspneic on arrival. While he showed evidence of a beating about the face and nose, the neck was not unusual in appearance. The patient could be relieved of his dyspnea by grasping his lower jaw, elevating his chin, pushing the jaw forward and putting his head in the Trendelenburg position. Complete relief was afforded by tracheotomy. In the roentgenograms of the facial skull and cervical spine, a fracture of the greater cornu of the hyoid bone close to its junction with the body was easily visible (Fig. 2). The tracheotomy tube was removed after about three days, and convalescence was uneventful.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2012 9:47am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a guy at my school that's a lot like you. He's my least favorite person to roll with in class because of these reasons:

• He doesn't wash his gi, that's serious disrepect.
    • He won't STFU while we're rolling. He talks about what he's going to try, and how he's "winning" when he tries dummy moves.
    • He thinks he presents a huge challenge to everyone he rolls, and keeps a mental tally of "how he does" in training. (i.e. I tapped x people today, I'm really getting good at this!)

Attitude can really effect your training. Granted, I'm a noob as well, as are a lot of folks in my class. Whenever I roll with purples in my class, I constantly hear things like "ask me about this roll after class, I see one thing you're doing that caused me to tap you out." or "in this position, you should be trying to do this, not that."

It never hurts my ego, and I've even received solid advice from other white belts in class. At the end of the day, you have to figure out what you want to do. Do you want to learn Jiu Jitsu, or do you want to win? Once you stop looking for the tap all the time, you learn position, posture, and defense.

If you want to learn jiu jitsu, eat some humble pie, check the ego at the door, and stop worrying about winning at training. This is practice, it's not a competition. If you're constantly winning there's a good chance you're going to plateau and watch all of your training partners get light years ahead of your game in a very short time.

Rolling with females in class is something I do on the reg, as we have some of the best female competitors around at our gym. One of our blues is incredible, with a ton of competition wins under her belt. Although I outweigh her by 60 lbs or more, she can still handle me easily. The thing is, I don't try to muscle my way to a "win" when I roll with her, I want to understand how she does what she does....as her technique is incredible.

Most of the really good folks in your gym could wipe the mat with you, but they're being kind enough to try to help you learn. Don't **** all over that by making it about the win...they'll stop helping you out and just tap the **** out of you time after time. Why waste time with a spazzy noob that's got a chip on his shoulder? Everyone else is there to learn jiu jitsu.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345