224766 Bullies, 3606 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 50
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. tangler is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    21

    Posted On:
    8/24/2012 7:46pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, she was definitely mad. You dont make an ad hominem personal attack like "something is seriously wrong with you if you try to tap me in my guard" if you aren't mad. Besides, all the other symptoms of anger were present. Trust me, I was there.
  2. DKJr is offline
    DKJr's Avatar

    Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,214

    Posted On:
    8/24/2012 7:47pm

    supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Choking someone from inside the guard isn't the best idea.

    You're being a noob, it's ok. Just try to pass next time.
  3. Rivington is offline
    Rivington's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    4,733

    Posted On:
    8/24/2012 7:49pm

    supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tangler View Post
    No, she was definitely mad. You dont make an ad hominem personal attack like "something is seriously wrong with you if you try to tap me in my guard"
    That's not an ad hominem. "Your dick is to small for me to learn anything from you," or "Of course you'd try to tap me out from my guard; you're an Armenian" would be.

    Another example of an ad hominem:

    Is it commonplace to go easy on women in BJJ? This seems against the whole point of training; she would be getting a false sense of her ability if that were the case and wouldn't know how to handle someone stronger.
    So you think she was sore because she was a woman, and not because she seemed to know a bit more than you did. (This is what the other people in the thread are telling you for the most part.) If a buff male black belt, or even one of your exact strength and build had told you the same thing, would you have come here to wonder aloud if people were just going easy on them, which is against the whole spirit of training?


    Besides, all the other symptoms of anger were present. Trust me, I was there.
    You were hardly an objective observer of the encounter.
    Last edited by Rivington; 8/24/2012 7:52pm at .
  4. tangler is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    21

    Posted On:
    8/24/2012 7:51pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Tangler, what's your rank in BJJ? I only ask because if you knew enough about BJJ to know when people muscled a technique or just used, well, technique then you likely would not be here asking your OP.
    I get your point, but it really doesn't matter if I know when I am being muscled or not, because I know when people are going for the tap or to teach/learn. Being a white belt (to answer your question) I have experienced both in regards to how much they let me learn in the roll and there is a difference. Its based on how much room the opponent gives for error, if they let you finish the attack even if they can escape and vice-versa, stuff like that.
  5. tangler is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    21

    Posted On:
    8/24/2012 7:53pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    That's not an ad hominem. "Your dick is to small for me to learn anything from you," or "Of course you'd try to tap me out from my guard; you're an Armenian" would be.



    You were hardly an objective participant in the encounter.
    Saying that there is something SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH ME (bolded not to yell, but to highlight) is pretty unnecessary in that situation. I would equate that to anger.
  6. Rivington is offline
    Rivington's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    4,733

    Posted On:
    8/24/2012 8:06pm

    supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tangler View Post
    Saying that there is something SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH ME (bolded not to yell, but to highlight) is pretty unnecessary in that situation. I would equate that to anger.
    I know you would. I don't think you're lying; I just think you've mistaken frustration with your spazzitude with anger and bitterness over your move.
  7. tangler is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    21

    Posted On:
    8/24/2012 8:11pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    I know you would. I don't think you're lying; I just think you've mistaken frustration with your spazzitude with anger and bitterness over your move.
    my spazzitude is the result of the reaction I got for trying to perform the move, a reaction which I didn't expect. I am by no means angry, perhaps a little bitter, but mostly over her irrational irritation.

    But this is a useless point to argue about because there is no evidence to support or refute my claim.
  8. ChenPengFi is offline
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,230

    Posted On:
    8/24/2012 8:15pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tangler View Post
    ChengPengFi:
    That may be so. But TBH, most of the guys I roll with are trying to win, using brute strength when they don't have the technique just to edge in a victory. I don't see what is wrong with trying to keep up and win as well. Most people in my school seem to roll to win, maybe they shouldn't, and there are those that don't, but it does make it more fun sometimes.
    Be that as it may, yep, you're a douche.
    I'll just leave you with these:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91604
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108818
  9. jspeedy is offline
    jspeedy's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,636

    Posted On:
    8/24/2012 8:17pm


     Style: FMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're crushing the trachea during a guillotine you're doing it wrong.You're probably also being a dick.Sounds like you know you're doing the move wrongSo change it. No wonder she was pissed.
  10. tangler is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    21

    Posted On:
    8/24/2012 8:30pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    If you're crushing the trachea during a guillotine you're doing it wrong.You're probably also being a dick.Sounds like you know you're doing the move wrongSo change it. No wonder she was pissed.
    Im not crushing the trachea, and no one has complained. Please don't make assumptions. I was only asking because I had heard it can be bad for you to do any choke in that area.

    But I do think you guys are right. I didn't break any etiquette per-say, but I was being a dick by trying to tap her instead of practice necessary skills.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.