Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 3:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The maximum sentence that can be given under Norwegian law is 21 years, but after that first incarceration is done, he will get another one of 21 years and another one and another one.
    Breivik will leave that prison in a coffin.

European countries have abolished the deadpenalty because it's very difficult to reverse a sentence when you find out that the perp was infact innocent after you already have executed them.

To guarantee that justice will be done, we try here to keep sentiment and revenge out of the court system, but base the case on law and evidence. Unfortunally we are human and finding an unpartial jury can sometimes be difficult, especially with cases like Breivik.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 3:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Fixed.
    Please provide evidence that the victims' families were calling for the killer's execution.

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 3:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs View Post
    The maximum sentence that can be given under Norwegian law is 21 years, but after that first incarceration is done, he will get another one of 21 years and another one and another one.
    Breivik will leave that prison in a coffin.

European countries have abolished the deadpenalty because it's very difficult to reverse a sentence when you find out that the perp was infact innocent after you already have executed them.

To guarantee that justice will be done, we try here to keep sentiment and revenge out of the court system, but base the case on law and evidence. Unfortunally we are human and finding an unpartial jury can sometimes be difficult, especially with cases like Breivik.
    I do agree that there are cases were the death penalty can be a bad thing, but it's not like there wasn't sufficient proof on this one, literally the smoking gun. Plus how bad does someone have to be before we as a society say it's just not worth it to house and feed them?? I mean damn he fucking killed 71 people most of them children. He is a waste of air. And having the maximum be 21 years just gives opportunity down the road for him to get out after the masses have forgot about this story. I just don't understand why anyone would want to waste their tax dollars on someone like that.

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 3:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For those of you who still don't get it/are interested in the specifics of Norwegian law:
    www . ilafengsel . no / preventive_detension . html
    A fact sheet describing preventive detention, or "forvaring".
    Key point: "This implies that preventive detention in principle may lead to a life-time in prison."

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 3:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    Please provide evidence that the victims' families were calling for the killer's execution.
    I can't say as to weather they were calling for his execution, but I can say that my reply was no more bullshit than the post it was in reply to.

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 3:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Plus how bad does someone have to be before we as a society say it's just not worth it to house and feed them?? ... I just don't understand why anyone would want to waste their tax dollars on someone like that.
    I'm sorry; how much tax money did the Norwegian government collect from you last year again?

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 3:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean damn he fucking killed 71 people most of them children. He is a waste of air. And having the maximum be 21 years just gives opportunity down the road for him to get out after the masses have forgot about this story. I just don't understand why anyone would want to waste their tax dollars on someone like that.
    maybe because they think that killing a human being is *wrong*.

now, i personally happen to be OK with him getting killed (hell i'd even feed him to a lion on national tv, because i think being eaten by a big cat is probably one of the worst ways to die, but that's not the point.) i do respect the right of the norwegian public to lock him up and punish him whatever way they see fit. it's their tax money and they can and should do as they want.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 3:39pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't say as to weather they were calling for his execution, but I can say that my reply was no more bullshit than the post it was in reply to.
    Wrong. I was making the point that you don't know anything about Norway, its state, its social norms, etc. And you don't. That's not bullshit at all.

You then claimed that the families of the victims had wanted the killer executed. I asked you to demonstrate this. You now admit you just made it up. That is bullshit, top to bottom.

The problem, ultimately, is that you're a retarded provincial. All the "the victims' families" and "we as a society" and "tax dollars" stuff you're spouting are all more or less contextless herp-derp. Norway doesn't have a death penalty because most Norwegians don't want to empower the state to kill criminals, and because they want criminal justice to operate on levels other than that of punishment and retribution. You may find that hard to wrap your head around—which is why you resort to canned arguments fresh from some American high school debating team (special ed. edition) instead of actually looking at the issue as it actually exists in Norway.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 3:47pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bnet, stay out of anything involving violence because you rarely get anyone to see your P.O.V.

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 3:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    I'm sorry; how much tax money did the Norwegian government collect from you last year again?
    I never said they did, I said I don't understand how "THEY" would want to spend "THEIR" tax money on him.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast