...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 9:00am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    So, with the power of imagination, let's say your caught fighting this double-knife wielding villain, whilst unarmed. And this is motherfucking thunderdome we're talking about (minus the chainsaws on the walls), so no fleeing the scene or offering to buy him a drink instead or any of that weak-ass **** that works in real life. Just you and 2xKnifeMan, to the death.
    What's the plan?
    Systema :-

"So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 10:07am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Infractions... infractions for everybody. This round is on the house.

In a two knife, can't run away type of scenario I would say keep moving and try to improvise a shield out of whatever is handy. But unless you get lucky and find something with some reach on it to hit the guy with I think you would be fucked.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 10:33am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JingMerchant! View Post
    Systema :-

I don't get how anyone can take that theriously.

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 11:50am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    I don't get how anyone can take that seriously(?).
    I certainly wasn't. 'Double knife defence' in Youtube, this one being the only one were the assailant consistently tried to use two knives.

I also had forgotten this was in the Armoury.

I would also like to offer my apologise to JNP, for my tone.
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 12:14pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cut deeply into one forearm, then the other, repeat as necessary, assuming that this Thunderdome has other edged weapons too.

No weapon- arm drag, dump on stomach side to force them to post with hands, likely letting go of at least 1 knife. Football punt to the junk, stomp their back into wine with Sakuraba double stomps. Remove bloody shoe and wave it in the air as you yell "Are you not entertained!?!"

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 1:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honnest answer?

You need to gain control of one arm and stay zoned out to their side and back so they can't easily stab you with the free arm. (This principle applies to a one-knifey assailant as well)

Whatever your trying to do you're going to have to sink it in FAST.

As you'r already spinning around with them to avoid the other blade it's not to hard to take someone to ground thusing their own momentum. Your main goal is to maintain enough control over their apendages that you can attempt to strip the knife your in control of and stab the living bejessus out of them while maintain a possition that doesn't allow them to decisively attack with their free knife.

Sound hard?

It is.

Sound like you'll still get cut up some?

You probably will.

Would you get stabbed worse if you did nothing at all?

Sure. Most certainly.

Also, Hadukens.

Just throw like, a ton of Hadukens.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 4:21pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suppose this is where espada y daga would be useful. I learned an empty hands vs double dagger form in choy li fut, but its full of unadviseable stuff. Anyway, here's two of my old training partners performing it:

Here's a video I took of a double blade fighting division at the San Diego Grand Internationals (basically, foam knife point sparring):

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 4:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ....shoot him?

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 6:14pm

Style: Youtube-do

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Are there any rocks lying around in this hypothetical battle arena, and are you any good at pitching?
    Jackie Chan did it.
    The scene has been sped up.

Great fucking movie BTW, Little Big Solider if any one is wondering.

I worked with a guy who pitched for his college's baseball team. You wanted to be on his team if a snowball fight ever broke out, trust me.

To answer the original question I was taught that in a knife vs.mano fight the second best way to handle yourself(after running)was to wrap a blanket, jacket, shirt, belt, pants ect. around your left forearm(South paws use your right)use that as a "shield" to parry away the knife til you have a decent look for the cross.

Kinda like this guy
    Name:  Card-12---El-Valiente.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  37.2 KB

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2012 9:51am

Style: MMA, Hoshinsul

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe the tv show burn notice covered this one. Something like "fighting someone with a knife is all about controlling the knife hand. Unless, of course, they have two knives, then it's best to run" throwing things and running ensued. Of course, bad ruten's "create distance, and grab a chair" would probably be good too.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast