232834 Bullies, 3712 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 2:26pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Oh yeah, Jon Jones is a ***** for not taking on Chael.

And don't give me that short notice bullshit. You've just been training for 8 weeks. Chael is the one who takes it on short notice.
    As a result of your contradictory statements I have no clue what your actual point is.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 2:29pm

Style: Hung Gar

Hell yeah! Hell no!

And don't give me that short notice bullshit. You've just been training for 8 weeks. Chael is the one who takes it on short notice.
    At the elite level they train for the opponent they're scheduled to fight though, they don't just train generically, and it makes a difference. Chael would be the one who has a win-win situation: if he lost he can say "well it's above my weight-class and I didn't get to train much" and if he wins he just got lucky and landed a belt he didn't really have the creds to be fighting for. Jones doesn't really benefit rep-wise either way.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 2:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Contradictory?

1) UFC is to blame for cancelled card not Jones, they stacked the card with the 1 fight. It's completely their fault if they can't come up with a plan B. ****, it wasn't that much of a card anyway, don't cry if you bet it all on 1 fight and it goes down.

2) Jones should've taken the fight, it's low-medium Risk vs medium-high Reward, in any case, not worse than Hendo. But I'm not blaming Jones for killing the card, ultimately not his problem.

@lordbd: Hendo and Sonnen have comparable styles, yes Jones has no time to adapt, but Sonnen has no 8 week training camp at all! Again I think risk is actually lower for Jones than vs trained Hendo and the reward must be about the same (taking down a legend vs fighting short notice against a respectable calibre plus the extra ufc $$ for taking on short notice)
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 8/23/2012 2:40pm at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 2:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Contradictory?

1) UFC is to blame for cancelled card not Jones, they stacked the card with the 1 fight. It's completely their fault if they can't come up with a plan B. ****, it wasn't that much of a card anyway, don't cry if you bet it all on 1 fight and it goes down.

2) Jones should've taken the fight, it's low-medium Risk vs medium-high Reward, in any case, not worse than Hendo. But I'm not blaming Jones for killing the card, ultimately not his problem.
    Oh. Well, then you agree with me. So you must be right.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 2:44pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, I'ml hoping Chael will have a field day with Jones now.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 3:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Eskimo View Post
    I totally would have taken that fight if I was the champion, should be an easy win to shut loud mouth up. Also I would have made sure the rest of the even wasn't cancelled because I'm not the only one fighting that day.
    I totally would've taken the fight as well, sitting on my computer, never holding a UFC title and calling someone a ***** ducker from hundreds of miles away.

Spoken like someone who doesn't understand strategy and a game plan. How many professional fights do you have?

Low risk for who? Buster Douglas was low risk.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 3:16pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, now other fighters on that card are publicly blaming Jones. It's not easy being on top.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I totally would've taken the fight as well, sitting on my computer, never holding a UFC title and calling someone a ***** ducker from hundreds of miles away.
    Are you trying to insinuate something?

Spoken like someone who doesn't understand strategy and a game plan.
    Read my next post please. Jones lack of time to adapt is still a whole lot better than Chael's lack of an 8 week training camp.

How many professional fights do you have?
    Bwahahahah, seriously?

Low risk for who? Buster Douglas was low risk.
    Yes Douglas was very low risk, and Tyson barely trained for it (due to Tyson going downhill, losing all motivation etc) and totally underestimated him. It's a completely different context.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 8/23/2012 3:31pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 3:24pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BABY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... At least I still have K-1 on Spike TV to look forward to.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 3:36pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a weird situation for both points of view. True, Jones may feel it's not a worthwhile fight to take. He has every right to feel that way. He's been training for a specific person and would have to switch things up with little notice. Also, there is very little reward other than a payday for the fight and a whole lot a risk if he loses.

At the same time I think the main card fighters owe something to ensure the card goes on. After all, if it wasn't for Brock Lesner/Heath Herring, GSP/BJ Penn, and Lesnar/Mir and the people who came out to see those fights and had the opportunity to see Jones in action, he may not have had the opportunity to shine enough to get a headlining show and move up to contender and champion. He is in a financially stable enough position to refuse fights. Many of those fighters were relying on these fights to get them paid, not only from the UFC but from sponsors. I'm sure if he wasn't the headliner and the headliner bailed on a potential fight and he was out a bunch of money while he was coming up the ranks, he would be pissed.

As for blame, well, I'm sure there is enough to go around. It could be said that the card isn't the best without enough "name" talent to go around. The matchmakers would have to accept some blame. Also, from the articles I've been reading, if correct, they indicate that Dana White called up a few people and they declined. One would assume even the ones mentioned by previous posters. If that is so, they they have to accept some responsibility as well. Jones for the reasons mentioned. The guy who was training with Henderson when the injury happened. Obama. Romney. Video Games. TRT. Lady Gaga...

Unfortunately, this seems to just be a perfect storm of bad situations that means I will be spending that Saturday night playing video games.

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 3:37pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BABY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... At least I still have K-1 on Spike TV to look forward to.
    Sumuvabitch!!! I did not know this, Sir. Thank you. I is happy now.
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast