Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 10:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I like the strong silent Fedor type. But smack talk is fun too. Again, when in doubt we should ask ourselves - What would Ronda do? The answer is talk smack, then do some smackin'. If it's good enough for Ronda, dammit it's good enough for me. Ronda's a loudmouth bitch too, but whatever. It's just fighting. There's no moral superiority to protect here. It's just some people trying to make each other bleed and quit.
    Moral Superiority? Man **** that ****. It's a sport, you can say what the **** you want. But that **** is fucking annoying. And it detracts from the sport. Sex with a reasonably attractive woman is not the only thing that can be fucked up by excessive talking, you know. In fact, excessive talking fucks almost everything up.

And I have no idea what the **** Rowdy Ronda Rousey said between her fights and really I don't give a ****. I give less than a ****. I don't even break wind on that ************, giving less than a fart. But I seen her armbar a slew of motherfuckers and that **** pleased me greatly. Love her skills and her approach to mashing motherfuckers in the cage. But motherfuck what she says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 10:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Moral Superiority? Man **** that ****. It's a sport, you can say what the **** you want. But that **** is fucking annoying. And it detracts from the sport. Sex with a reasonably attractive woman is not the only thing that can be fucked up by excessive talking, you know. In fact, excessive talking fucks almost everything up.

And I have no idea what the **** Rowdy Ronda Rousey said between her fights and really I don't give a ****. I give less than a ****. I don't even break wind on that ************, giving less than a fart. But I seen her armbar a slew of motherfuckers and that **** pleased me greatly. Love her skills and her approach to mashing motherfuckers in the cage. But motherfuck what she says.
    Annoying? I can accept that. But how does it detract from the sport? You mean it reduces your personal enjoyment of the sport, or you feel it is bad for the sport in general? I don't think it takes anything from the sport. It increases people's interest. That's a good thing. If you personally don't give a **** about it and don't pay any attention to it, then why do you give a **** if they're talking ****?

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 11:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Annoying? I can accept that. But how does it detract from the sport? You mean it reduces your personal enjoyment of the sport, or you feel it is bad for the sport in general? I don't think it takes anything from the sport. It increases people's interest. That's a good thing. If you personally don't give a **** about it and don't pay any attention to it, then why do you give a **** if they're talking ****?
    It does reduce my personal enjoyment of that ****. It's like you bought a sick new game and the wrapping is ************ to remove. That **** fucks with your first 10 minutes of the game, nah mean?

Perhaps it generates interest, but people are interested in some inane **** - Twilight, 50 shades of Grey, other **** that the world could have done without. The waffling is gaying up MMA with fake drama, man. How the **** do you hate a ************ until 3 seconds after you fight him? Did all that **** just evaporate because you had a narrowly contested split decision?

I don't usually listen to it, of course. But this one came at me and it involved a ************ I love to watch fight and sometimes try to emulate and **** (in his fighting). Also, I was on the internet at the time it started, and you know how that **** is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 11:36pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jones vs Belcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore typos.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 11:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes, it will be a testament to Dana's or Jones' douchiness depending on what side you fall.
    Can't I resent both of them equally?

---

Trying to see the bright side of this...

1) Chris Weidman goes up a few notches:
    Chael Sonnen wasn't the only middleweight who volunteered to fight Jon Jones on less than two weeks' notice.

Top 185-pound contender Chris Weidman told MMAFighting.com following Thursday's conference call that he offered to fight Jones next week, as well.
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/8/23...151/in/3027496

2) UFC on Fox 5 is looking stacked, and what's more, it's not PPV, so I might actually be able to find a place nearby to watch it!

Lightweight Championship bout: Benson Henderson (c) vs. Nate Diaz
    Light Heavyweight bout: Mauricio Rua vs. Alexander Gustafsson
    Welterweight bout: B.J. Penn vs. Rory MacDonald
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_Fox_5
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    8/25/2012 3:38am

supporting member
     Style: Getting fat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    Jones vs Belcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore typos.
    Belcher recovering from a spine fracture.

:)

Posted On:
    8/25/2012 3:56am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    **** what motherfuckers say about Jones. That ************ can fight, and I "buy pay per view" to see him fight.
    Yes he can fight, but refused that matchup, when offered. So no PPV, and a bunch of fans are out at least logistical money, as are 20 other fighters, and their crews. This is supposed to be one of the P4P kings of mma, but won't take a fight w/ a guy just now coming back up from middleweight, coming of a loss, and who isn't even sporting a very impressive record, but who would have built up the fight in no time, to EPIC levels of anticipation (read: money).

Pretty lame. Jones missed his calling, he should be in boxing. All this ballessness makes me a little sick. He was just bitching that a Machida fight wouldn't pay, and then turns down a match with arguably the best fight-seller in the sport. Short notice or no, that fight would have satisfied many-a-fan, and made everyone a bunch of $$$.

Chael came out of this looking awesome. Said the right things, stepped up to fight, praised the company, the sport and the fans, (and the undercard fighters). He might talk **** like a pro wrestler, but he showed he was game to jump in there against someone whom people call the best with very little notice.

Something's wrong when I myself am now more of a Chael Sonnen fan, than a Jon Chickenbones Jones fan. Very very wrong. I just get the sense he loves the sport more than Jones. That's a sad story.

There's very good, and then there's great, and IMO, Jones showed a lack of greatness, in his response to events. This is a guy sponsored by the company, and wouldn't step up.

Boooooooooo Hisssssssssssssssssss

Posted On:
    8/25/2012 6:07am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is his best interview ever. Made me a fan.

EDIT: Dana came off looking good also. The conference call announcing the cancellation. I was glad for his manner of communication, for once.

Todd Grisham ESPN "Dana, Jon Jones is sponsored by UFC. Will this affect the way you attach your brand to him, going forward"
    Dana White: He he he that's a good question. I was never crazy about it in the first place.
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 8/25/2012 6:29am at .

Posted On:
    8/25/2012 7:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At one point Dana gets gully.

Ariel Helwani: He didn't want to fight Machida a week ago, so how did you convince him to take that fight?

DW: I can tell you this right now, he aint turning down the Machida fight. If I get a call today, that says he doesn't want to fight Machida (ominous pause) we'll have another conference call later this afternoon

AH: about what?

DW: I'll have another media call, an-an-and it won't be good.

AH: would you consider...I mean...eh...uh

DW: Hey listen, you know, really Ariel?, come on...stop asking me stupid questions.

AH: But the thing is, does he even know he's fighting Machida yet? Or is he --(finding this out here?)---

DW: Yeah he does, we should have the bout agreement back now.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```
    Damn, he said they'd only canned it an hour prior. One hour turnaround on the new contract = s3rious.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2012 7:13am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just typed "UFC" into my search engine, and surprisingly the 151 debacle isn't totally dominating the headlines:

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/24/32...california-mma

Glad to see MMA is still awesome.
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15161718 ... LastLast