228847 Bullies, 4692 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 24 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 1:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dana White Cancels UFC 151

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/82...nderson-injury

So, Hendo's out due to injury. Jones turned down a replacement fight with Chael. The end.

I'm shocked Jones would turn down this fight or any fight, really.

Machida will get another crack at Jones later in September.

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 1:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Odd indeed. Demolishing Sonnen would be an easy payday for Jones.

What really sucks is that Henderson was the one who was injured. At his age, he doesn't really have that many high level fights left in him and this is going to set him back considerably.

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 1:40pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jon Jones your selfishness is disgusting.

http://www.ufc.com/news/Hendo-Injure...-Card-Scrapped
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 1:45pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suppose I can see Jones' reasoning. Regardless, there's nothing badass about turning down a fight with a smaller fighter who couldn't even win the belt in his own weight class. Bitch move.

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 1:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what never gets cancelled? Wrestlemania.

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 1:51pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't see that. Sherdog is full of keyboard champions labelling Jones a "pussyqueer" for not taking the Sonnen fight.

In my opinion, as the supremely dominant champion that he is, Jones is 100% entitled to turn down a fight with a supersized middleweight whose accomplishments over the past few years consist of two failed title shots, a gift decision over a mid-level Englishman, several dull decision victories and a boatload of tiresome **** talking. I do not blame him for not wanting to fight Sonnen. Considering what fickle little whores fans are, he would be labelled a "can crusher" the very next day after he dislodged Sonnen's head in the first round.

*I* have as much right to call out Jones as Sonnen has. The rest of the card being cancelled is unfortunate, but this is hardly Jones' fault.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 1:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean really, **** Chael Sonnen. What business does he have in the same cage as Jon Jones? Would motherfuckers purchase that PPV?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 1:59pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Don't see that. Sherdog is full of keyboard champions labelling Jones a "pussyqueer" for not taking the Sonnen fight.

In my opinion, as the supremely dominant champion that he is, Jones is 100% entitled to turn down a fight with a supersized middleweight whose accomplishments over the past few years consist of two failed title shots, a gift decision over a mid-level Englishman, several dull decision victories and a boatload of tiresome **** talking. I do not blame him for not wanting to fight Sonnen. Considering what fickle little whores fans are, he would be labelled a "can crusher" the very next day after he dislodged Sonnen's head in the first round.

*I* have as much right to call out Jones as Sonnen has. The rest of the card being cancelled is unfortunate, but this is hardly Jones' fault.
    And Jones' reputation is going to be better served by taking on a guy he's already beaten? I don't think so.

It's not Jones' fault Hendo got hurt. But the bad ************ route would've been to agree to fight whatever poor bastard the UFC wanted to throw at him. True, nobody would be overly impressed if he beat Sonnen. But people would be impressed with his willingness to fight anyone at a moment's notice. So he did have something to gain.
    Last edited by Devil; 8/23/2012 2:02pm at . Reason: clarity

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 2:03pm

Style: Hung Gar

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Champions don't have to take fights on a weeks notice. That's what journeymen do. I think he's doing his fans more of a favor by not taking a shitty fight than he would be by just doing anything to make a random title defense happen.

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 2:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Machida put on a good showing against Jones with his striking and arguably won the first round before getting caught in the second. There is definite room for a rematch.

Jones would SKULLFUCK Sonnen. Everything about Sonnen's skillset fits right into Jones' style and the fight would leave you supremely unimpressed that you spent your hard-earned PPV money on watching Godzilla rape Bambi. Better to wait until a better challenger steps up. Jones is simply being professional.

I'd get Gustafson on the horn myself. He is on a long winning streak and may actually be able to put up a bit of a fight against Jones.
Page 1 of 24 1 234511 ... LastLast