--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hi! My name is JJ00 and I am interested in Judo!

Help! Looking for School near Irvine!

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and am new to Judo, but a little familiar with both!

A little bit a bout me, I grew up with Tae Kwon Do and despite it's drawbacks, I really enjoyed doing it as a sport!!! Now I am moving on to Judo, as my father achieved Nidan (2nd degree black belt) while he still lived in Korea. I need your help. I need to find a good place to start Judo in or near Irvine, CA. School is my priority so it can't be too far... can you refer me to a school that gives USJI, USJF, or USJA rank as I seek Kodokan rank. If anything, can you send a link listing all the clubs under each organization. Also, how do I know that I am getting some good training done at a gym? I can sacrifice a liiiiiitle bit of distance for better quality training. Looking forward to this forum as it seems pretty good :)

(P.S. I posted something simliar to this in the traditional forums tab first... what a noob... i know -_-)

Kind Regards!

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go to http://www.usjamanagement.com/public/charteredClubs/ for a complete list of all the Chartered USJA Clubs.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido and good luck with your quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    TKD, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Howdy. I'm in Lake Forest and I was recently looking for Judo clubs as well (I also came from TKD, what are the odds?). There aren't a whole lot around here but these were the only places I could really find. I can't post links yet but:

I've heard great things about Orange County Kodokan up in Cypress. Someone on Bullshido recommended them but due to the distance I couldn't make it work with my schedule.

There's Orange County Judo Training Center in Garden Grove that I know absolutely nothing about because of scheduling conflicts but they might be worth checking out. They're USA Judo

The place I ended up at is El Toro Judo in Laguna Niguel (it's right off of the 5). It's a tiny little club that doesn't advertise and it's the only place that fit in with my schedule. I don't know **** about what makes a good Judo club but people seem to know what they're doing and I'm really enjoying it. They're USJF.

These were the only Judo places I could find in Orange County. Good luck wherever you end up!