Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 10:30pm

Style: BJJ/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got all of the trunks from http://muaythaistuff.com. Those gladiators are KING brand I believe and in the 35$ range. The spideys were like 40 or so.

For the record I haven't been competing just sparring (we have a ring at our gym).

The prajead has spiritual significance in Thailand but we use it as a version of the normal martial arts belt system.

Will post pics from the test tomorrow. I wore my bright orange demon face trunks.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 10:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RurikGreenwulf View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I will ask around my gym but I have no need of trunks right now nor the money to spare.
    That's a nice story so what shorts did you use in the end? how much did you competed in thailand?
    fight? me? thailand? hell no. i went there as a tourist and trained at a camp for 2 weeks. the closest i got to a fight was sitting ringside. oh i see, you thought that cause i knew some gyms only let the fighters wear those shorts, and i wanted custom ones... the gyms in thailand don't care who wears thai shorts, but they loved trying to sell me clothes and gear :P it's the ones in the US that i have heard had conditions on wearing thai fight shorts. i was a sanda guy back then, so no one told me what shorts to wear anyway.

which shorts? i went with plain black twins ones, cause, i was a sanda guy.

thailand was awesome, i want to go back some time, not sure when, though it's a lot harder to get 2 weeks in a row off from work now, and less than 2 weeks is a waste of time, so planning it is tough. besides, i do judo now, most of my traveling is to japan.
    Last edited by Ming Loyalist; 8/22/2012 10:56pm at .
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 12:19am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    Our assistant coach at home wears these, but with a silver glitter skull instead of the eyes. And who do I have to kill to get those black and gold gladiator shorts?

Attachment 13627
    I have a pair of pink thai shorts which are my official competition trunks. I love them to death.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 11:28am

Style: BJJ/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My demon trunks are also pretty sweet:

Name:  TRUNKS.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  41.8 KB

You can see them featured in this picture of me passing my test (shameless ego plug):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prajead Test White.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	13630

I'm the goofy-looking white dude.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 11:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not Thai shorts, I know, but did y'all scope the Japanese team's singlets at the Olympics?

Clearly that much awesome should be outlawed as performance-enhancing
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12