Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 12:36pm

Style: Krav Maga, Running Away

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

If Self Defence organisations advertised regular products

Hi

After around a decade of lurking my first post (so please be nice!)

Can anyone remember the name of the company that used to advertise Self Defence/martial Arts DVDs and Books with the most wonderful hyperbole?

Just about every advert stated (for whatever style) went along the formula of:

"This is the ancient fighting method of (insert indigenous group here) as used by warriors to single handedly defeat 1000s of enemies in one go and now brought to you today. This is the secret style that those bigshots in Washington don't want you to know about, but in just 2 easy lessons you'll learn how to take down an M1 Abrams with just a piece of twine"

I think they had initials like "TSR" or something.

I was chatting to a friend about them the other day and we wondered what would happen if they advertised regular products.

"Using previously thought ancient secret technology the Tuff Bastard sandwich maker will literally allow you to ANNIHILATE bread, EVISCERATE cheese and DOMINATE any toastie you choose. Now revealed for the first time you'll learn the secret of how to, SINGLE HANDEDLY, make not just one, not even two, and sometimes UP TO THREE!!!!!! snacks at anyone time."

Ooh, what was that company called? For once, Google has not turned out to be my friend.

Stay Safe

Al

"People who beat their swords into ploughshares end up ploughing for people who didn't"

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 12:40pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're thinking of Chris Clugston, and Comhrac Bas

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 12:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi CP

Thanks for that. The site I'm thinking of certainly did carry the Comhrac Bas DVD; and I think I might have been channeling that particular advert a bit. The site I'm thinking of sold a whole bunch of different DVDs though; albeit advertised in the same wonderfully Gung Ho style. In fact I love the fact that EVERY style advertised was claimed to be the best.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 1:12pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TRS- Threat Response Systems.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 1:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    TRS- Threat Response Systems.
    That's it! Thanks.

Although the spiel seems to have calmed down a bit. Still, there is at least one DVD that guarantees I can raise my fighting skills from zero to world class (overnight). I'm thinking if I actually put TWO nights worth of effort into it then presumably I move on to another plane of existence or something.

TTFN

Al

"People who beat their swords into ploughshares end up ploughing for people who didn't"
    Last edited by wiccaman; 8/22/2012 1:22pm at . Reason: Can't do simple spelling.