Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 11:19pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    You're all amateurs. I have hit the supped in three of my pro fights. It is an actual leverage move not strength.
    Yes. Getting your hips lower than theirs while maintaining good posture, and then popping your hips to lift them using leverage is the key to a solid supe.

I have used the back suplex in an altercation, and it knocked the guy out. Truth be told, it scared the crap out of me because I thought I had killed him for a second.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 11:32pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Yes. Getting your hips lower than theirs while maintaining good posture, and then popping your hips to lift them using leverage is the key to a solid supe.

I have used the back suplex in an altercation, and it knocked the guy out. Truth be told, it scared the crap out of me because I thought I had killed him for a second.
    What he said.

Get me some video. I can critique.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 11:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post

Damn, son! You a baaaad ************! Did you drop him right on his head/shoulder, or did you do a half turn in the air like you would for a belly to belly suplex? Please provide details of the technique so I can live vicariously through you... I mean perfect the technique while practicing on the heavy bag.
    That way I can use that **** in the cage, or if on the street I can send a jacker into a coma.

Was it like these?:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 11:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    What he said.

Get me some video. I can critique.
    Cool, man. I will, this **** will be interesting. Next time I'm going to the mats I'll take a camera and capture myself in action and ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 12:35am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm moving this to YMAS because the OP requested the story, and I follow my own rules about not posting a bunch of off topic shite in the technique forum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Damn, son! You a baaaad ************! Did you drop him right on his head/shoulder, or did you do a half turn in the air like you would for a belly to belly suplex?
    Uh no. Here's my story. More than a few years ago I was at a friends party where a larger than me but not huge gentleman became belligerent after he got drunk. I was in a different part of the house when the host burst in looking for her boyfriend. She told us drunk guy had just open palm smacked her smaller male friend. Then she ran out continuing her search.

Still suffering from the Galahad syndrome at that point, I rushed to the back yard to do my part. Hitched up when I got there though. Drunk guy was over 30. From my experience, older men were tougher and could take more damage. I was highly intimidated and Galahad snuck back in his hole for a few minutes.

When he singled me out (I always get singled out by crazy or drunk people, that's why I no longer go to bars), I knew that I needed to throw him for all I was worth and hope it was good enough.

Looking back, I'm pretty sure that the fear was evident in my voice when I answered his questions. That's the only reason I can think of regarding his decision to subsequently take a swing at me. Luckily for me, he was drunk so his haymaker was easily avoidable. I ducked under, secured the back, squatted and threw him pretty nicely. I turned slightly and he hit the side of his head and a bit of shoulder I think.

Since it was a slightly off angle back suplex in the first place he definitely didn't hit the back of his head. His neck was bent quite rapidly to the side (as opposed to back or forward) a good amount however when the rest of his body came down on top of it. I can only guess this is what knocked him out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Was it like these?:
    All of those feature the thrower centered behind her opponent. I was off to the side a bit because I'd heard that a person can die if they come down on the top of their head during any kind of full suplex. I have since concluded that the back of the head and the temples are bad places to hit someone with a really hard surface on the ground.

Regardless, I have never suplexed anyone after that because he was out out for 15 minutes. It was funny at the time because I almost **** my pants after the fight was over.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 10:45am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Te guruma isn't a suplex, but it might be the kind of throw you're looking for. It's actually pretty easy and it requires surprisingly little strength.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 12:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact that your video thinks te gurum and sukui nage are the same thing gives me severe doubts about the validity of its instruction.

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 1:54pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    The fact that your video thinks te gurum and sukui nage are the same thing gives me severe doubts about the validity of its instruction.
    They are the same thing. Sukui nage (scooping throw) is the general class of throw. Te guruma (hand wheel) is a non-standard but commonly used name for this particular variant of sukui nage.

See also: http://www.kodokan.org/e_waza/05sukuinage.html
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123