222463 Bullies, 4551 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 28
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Res Judicata is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,633

    Posted On:
    8/22/2012 2:15pm


     Style: Judo & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Sweet. Last I squatted it was around 405 lbs 3 rep max. Deads at like 265 or some mediocre ****. I weight 200.
    Off point a little, but if your squat/DL ratios are that far off, you're probably not squatting to parallel. You're not as strong as you think you are. Also, for these throws, work on front squats or even zercher squats rather than back squat because they are much closer to the loading.

    Utsuri goshi is a related throw to ushiro goshi, but you need to really, really good to do it.
  2. The Question is offline
    The Question's Avatar

    Octopussy!

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,592

    Posted On:
    8/22/2012 9:40pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Res Judicata View Post
    Off point a little, but if your squat/DL ratios are that far off, you're probably not squatting to parallel. You're not as strong as you think you are.
    I squat ass to grass. I squat below parallel. I squat in front of a mirror for exactly that reason.
    My deadlift is weak because my grip doesn't hold up at higher weights and the bar slips from my grasp.
    Also, for these throws, work on front squats or even zercher squats rather than back squat because they are much closer to the loading.
    Real talk, I'm probably not going to squat because the technique is what I'm working on right now. I need some motherfucking technique son.
    Utsuri goshi is a related throw to ushiro goshi, but you need to really, really good to do it.
    That is a fucking awesome throw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.
  3. Vince Tortelli is offline

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000

    Posted On:
    8/22/2012 10:07pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    . But really, you need to have another set of equally cool ass attacks for when your opponent's weight is forward, so that they're damned either way.
    I'm pretty sure this doesn't qualify as "cool" but my favorite way to take someone down if they're leaning forward from a back body lock position is to simply hook one of my legs around the front of one of their legs and drive forward. You might take the back off this, but most people will turn to face you as they go down and you'll get mount.

    I learned it in Defensive Tactics at LSP, but I've gotten people with it in BJJ tournaments and MMA sparring, and Greg Jackson has it in his book of Stand Up Techniques. Can't get more legit than that.
  4. Permalost is offline
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,487

    Posted On:
    8/22/2012 11:48pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I kinda like the one where you hook the legs and drive into the back with your shoulder as you lift and pull the legs into you to dump them on their stomach. Crafty Dog also taught us one called the "yank the chain takedown" where you grab the shorts/groin to dump them forwards.
  5. TheMightyMcClaw is offline
    TheMightyMcClaw's Avatar

    MADE OF STEEL!

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    3,423

    Posted On:
    8/23/2012 12:26am

    supporting member
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    I'm pretty sure this doesn't qualify as "cool" but my favorite way to take someone down if they're leaning forward from a back body lock position is to simply hook one of my legs around the front of one of their legs and drive forward. You might take the back off this, but most people will turn to face you as they go down and you'll get mount.

    I learned it in Defensive Tactics at LSP, but I've gotten people with it in BJJ tournaments and MMA sparring, and Greg Jackson has it in his book of Stand Up Techniques. Can't get more legit than that.
    That's a good one. If the guy puts one of his hands down to stabilize himself, I'm fond of scooting around to the side and grapevining it for a crucifix.
    I love me some crucifixion.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.
  6. Res Judicata is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,633

    Posted On:
    8/23/2012 10:11am


     Style: Judo & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    I squat ass to grass. I squat below parallel. I squat in front of a mirror for exactly that reason.
    My deadlift is weak because my grip doesn't hold up at higher weights and the bar slips from my grasp.

    Real talk, I'm probably not going to squat because the technique is what I'm working on right now. I need some motherfucking technique son.


    That is a fucking awesome throw.
    Use a mixed grip and chalk or straps. That ratio is seriously fucked up. You need a lot of need posterior chain strength to hit these throws. You also can simulate the throw with heavy sandbags--pick them up an chuck em like you would a person.

    Utsuri goshi is a crazy throw, especially to have done to you. I know only one guy who can do it in randori--and he's a badass.
  7. blackmonk is online now
    blackmonk's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    864

    Posted On:
    8/23/2012 10:35pm

    supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've hit a belly-to-back suplex in competition, and it was a counter to an uchi mata. The biggest detail, for me, is to throw my hips in the air... Everything else seems to follow rather naturally. And to avoid ever landing on the crown of my head, I'll look over the shoulder that I'm throwing towards. From there, I usually get them in turtle, like the previous poster said.
  8. DKJr is offline
    DKJr's Avatar

    Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,208

    Posted On:
    8/23/2012 11:02pm

    supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hit one today in practice.

    Mostly about getting your hips under their center of gravity then thrusting with your legs and arching over.

    Plus you feel like a badass while doing it.
  9. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,957

    Posted On:
    8/23/2012 11:10pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're all amateurs. I have hit the supped in three of my pro fights. It is an actual leverage move not strength.
  10. The Question is offline
    The Question's Avatar

    Octopussy!

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,592

    Posted On:
    8/23/2012 11:17pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    You're all amateurs. I have hit the supped in three of my pro fights. It is an actual leverage move not strength.
    Well, come on then grandmaster, please elaborate. I'm trying to build my technique here. Yesterday I hit that ************ like 4 times on a heavy bag, but I was unable to get that spike. ie I was unable to land the heavy bag on its imaginary head/shoulders.

    So how do I do that ****? Where is the leverage coming from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.