Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    8/21/2012 4:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Suplex

I want to suplex motherfuckers like Guile from Street Fighter, because deep down I want to be like video game characters. Be that as it may, however, I have interest in learning to do the Suplex, because sometimes I grab motherfuckers from behind (no homo) and I like to switch up how I take them down. Usually I just dump them on their side after throwing off balance with a leg on the hip or whatever.

But I want to put motherfuckers on their backs imperiously. You know, in a way that says "Oh, you fucked up now son. You in this **** with motherfucking Guile".

My concerns are:
    1) Safety for me. Because I have to arch and throw myself back. I don't want to hurt my motherfucking self.

2) Safety for training partner/opponent, because I don't want to hurt motherfuckers' necks and ****.

3) Effective follow up so I can transition from awesome takedown to subs or raining blows and ****.

Tell me about that ****, motherfuckers, I need to get to practicing with my heavy bag and ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/21/2012 4:53pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As someone who *does* suplex motherfuckers like guile from street fighter, here's my advice:
    Squats+deadlift to build your suplexing muscles. I once spent three months not doing judo and just lifting weights, and somehow decided this was the ideal time to enter in a judo tournament. I suplexed my opponent (hilariously sloppily, not scoring any points) three times in my first match.
    Similarly, work on your bridge and mobility through your back, especially if you want those epic head spikes suplexes.
    Safety wise, I think you'll be fine. Getting the head spike is a fine and delicate art which requires great mobility through your back (see above), and you'll naturally tend to twist off to one side or another, causing your opponent to land on his shoulders-ish.
    For follow ups, I usually end up with the guy turtled, and start working on taking his back.
    Also, don't underestimate the suplex's twin brother, ushiro goshi. I tend to get bigger slams with my ushiro goshi than with my ura nage.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/21/2012 5:37pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, it seems to me that if you can get behind someone, get a good grip, and lift both of their feet off the ground, you've proved your point because all you're missing is the arch, so maybe you could just do that if you want to be nice to the people you train with. Maybe spend some time suplexing your hanger-less heavy bag to learn how to not hurt yourself (or ideally, go tell a wrestler you want to learn to suplex/ay.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/21/2012 5:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Well, it seems to me that if you can get behind someone, get a good grip, and lift both of their feet off the ground, you've proved your point because all you're missing is the arch, so maybe you could just do that if you want to be nice to the people you train with. Maybe spend some time suplexing your hanger-less heavy bag to learn how to not hurt yourself (or ideally, go tell a wrestler you want to learn to suplex/ay.
    I have to disagree a little bit. The suplex can be a difficult throw to finish, and I've definitely had points where I *was* able to get the grip and lift the guy, but wasn't able to arch or carry him over.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/21/2012 6:05pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    I have to disagree a little bit. The suplex can be a difficult throw to finish, and I've definitely had points where I *was* able to get the grip and lift the guy, but wasn't able to arch or carry him over.
    I'll defer to you on this one, since you're the Guile.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    8/21/2012 8:35pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    As someone who *does* suplex motherfuckers like guile from street fighter, here's my advice:
    Squats+deadlift to build your suplexing muscles.
    Sweet. Last I squatted it was around 405 lbs 3 rep max. Deads at like 265 or some mediocre ****. I weight 200.
    Safety wise, I think you'll be fine. Getting the head spike is a fine and delicate art which requires great mobility through your back (see above), and you'll naturally tend to twist off to one side or another, causing your opponent to land on his shoulders-ish.
    For follow ups, I usually end up with the guy turtled, and start working on taking his back.
    Also, don't underestimate the suplex's twin brother, ushiro goshi. I tend to get bigger slams with my ushiro goshi than with my ura nage.
    Fucking awesome. Any vids of the Ushiro Goshi? That **** is Greek to me because i don't speak Japanese apart from the usual: Shinde Kurasai! Watashi wa ooki des! Bankai! Katon, Gokakyu no Jutsu! And other assorted phrases I'm sure you'll be familiar with.

Also, any vids of Suplex technique? How to learn and practice and perfect it and ****? I haven't been able to find good **** on Youtube.
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    8/21/2012 8:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is that single leg lifty one. Side control from the clinch and you can lift people over your head and then either make mat angels or just lower them down into side control depending on how mean you want to be.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/21/2012 9:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ushiro Goshi. Is that the one you're talking about, aquaman?

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    8/21/2012 10:33pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice vid. I fuckin love that ****. Damn, I'm gonna be practicing this **** like crazy. I'm even working on the accompanying smack talk:
    "Calm the **** down, man, before you have to meet my girlfriend. She goes by Susan. I call her Sue. Sue Plexx, motherfuckaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

Keep them vids coming please. Also, post any instructional videos you find and ****, please.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 12:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Nice vid. I fuckin love that ****. Damn, I'm gonna be practicing this **** like crazy. I'm even working on the accompanying smack talk:
    "Calm the **** down, man, before you have to meet my girlfriend. She goes by Susan. I call her Sue. Sue Plexx, motherfuckaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

Keep them vids coming please. Also, post any instructional videos you find and ****, please.
    A word of advice: both the ura nage/suplex and ushiro goshi work best as counter throws, usually for hip or shoulder throws, where they're already making upper body contact and such. A lot of times when you just circle out to someone's back and get the back bodylock, they'll lean forward to make themselves harder to lift.
    You can trick them away from this a little bit; a lot of times when I get the back bodylock, I'll run the guy forward a few steps and *then* go for my lift, as they're trying to regain their balance by pushing back. But really, you need to have another set of equally cool ass attacks for when your opponent's weight is forward, so that they're damned either way.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast