222074 Bullies, 4191 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Part time teachers, why do you teach?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hobby (Something to do to pass time)

2 20.00%
  • Dedication (Love of the art to hand it down to the next generation)

7 70.00%
  • Income (A way to bring in some extra $$$)

0 0%
  • Stepping stone to some day open a stand alone school

1 10.00%
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    8/20/2012 9:30am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Part time instructors...Why do you teach?

I am working on a project and need some feed back from part time instructors. This is for those who teach out of a health club, YMCA, garage, or even just helping out at an actual school that is not your own. While I am sure there are a mulititude of reasons why someone teaches, I am trying to establish findings based on the four criteria in poll. Thanks for everyone's help in advance.
    Last edited by Miguksaram; 8/20/2012 9:33am at .
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2012 2:13am

Style: Taekwon-Do, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I teach at a "family oriented" school (ie: mostly kids with a handful of parents)

Currently I am working towards my teaching credential and I love working with the kids. Seeing students make progress makes me happy in ways I can't explain, and watching how these kids change and improve over time is very rewarding. This art did a lot for me when I was a kid, and I know what it's going to do for lots of these kids.

I've tossed around the idea of running my own school in the future once I've gained some more experience outside my comfort zone, but that's not my main objective. I may end up using this experience to open my own school so I can throw the one-steps, WTF sparring and the Taegeuks in the trash (where they belong), but my main focus is finishing school while helping kids with TKD. Even if it is just strip mall krotty, I make the best of what I've been given to work with.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    9/08/2012 2:39am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Early in the game, I was teaching in order to fulfill my obligation as a requirement for advancement. Then, for a time, I did it for the money, so that I could put money back until I could (and did) eventually open my own school. Now, I do it in order to pay it forward, and to help the next generation. I did it for three of the four reasons listed, but I do not now, nor have I ever seen the teaching aspect as a 'hobby'.