• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 9:23pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Central Texas Combatives Training Group Style: AMOK!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    G17 appendix 1 o'clock Dale Fricke Kydex holster.

When you get some "aliveness" in your gunfight training it becomes obvious very fast why appendix in front is the way to go. I'll summarize, but you really need to experience this for yourself:

1. When one has to draw while performing any dynamic movement, say if a guy is charging to shank you like a sewing machine, most guys find it very difficult to draw from their 3-9 o'clock area. The body doesn't run/backpedal while while trying to reach this area.

2. In a retention situation, as in someone is trying to draw your pistol and/or keep you from drawing it, you have exponentially more muscle power/control of an object in front of your waist than at your side/back.

3. If you are knocked to the ground on your back, particularly when grappling with someone, it's more difficult to access a 3-9 o'clock pistol than one in front.

Personally I find appendix to be a much faster draw in all situations. Sure there are guys who are very fast from other positions, but in the many classes I have taught more often than not the fastest draws are by guys who carry appendix.

As far as the hazard of pointing at your nuts, yes it's there, but a good holster mitigates a lot of risk, training reduces it even more, and with a modern pistol safety design the benefits of appendix carry far outweigh the perceived risk.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 10:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    G17 appendix 1 o'clock Dale Fricke Kydex holster.
    I have never heard of Dale Fricke Holsters. Checked out the website. The holsters look badass. I'm a holster junkie and may have to try them out even though it will make me throw up in my mouth a little to send my hard earned money to such an obvious religious nutter.

"God says I should pull my gat from my Joab holster and put a spark through this ************!"

Oops, too late. Already bought a Crossbreed. What the ****? Do you have to be a holy roller to make a decent holster? I want some Satan worshiper holsters to round out my collection.
    Last edited by Devil; 8/24/2012 10:08pm at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 10:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dale's holsters are great, and he includes a small bible with each purchase as a bonus.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 10:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dale's holsters are great, and he includes a small bible with each purchase as a bonus.
    Oh, **** me. Please tell me you're kidding. Do I get a discount for having to dispose of his propaganda?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 10:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Oh, **** me. Please tell me you're kidding. Do I get a discount for having to dispose of his propaganda?
    LOL, serious. And he's a pastor as well as being a great guy too.

The Archangel holster is really divine...I mean an awesome holster. Also take a look at the Zach "trigger holster", that thing lets anyone carry appendix comfortably if they have the right pistol.

Posted On:
    8/24/2012 10:52pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, serious. And he's a pastor as well as being a great guy too.

The Archangel holster is really divine...I mean an awesome holster. Also take a look at the Zach "trigger holster", that thing lets anyone carry appendix comfortably if they have the right pistol.
    Yeah, I can ignore the religious silliness. I don't give a ****. I'll do business with the Taliban or Westboro Baptist if they have something I like.

The holsters do look awesome and I'll probably pick one up. I'll probably pass on the whole nutsack carry thing though. I hear what you're saying but it just gives me the willies. Pun intended. I've tried so many different carry options and I'm still experimenting but really I think what I like best is 3-4 o'clock OWB.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    8/25/2012 1:04am

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I can ignore it too but I'll still find it mildy insulting since its presumptious and kinda pokes insult at my current set of beliefs. Basically, I'll mind a little bit until the day he wouldn't be offended if I sent him a product with the quoran, diamond sutra or something else.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Posted On:
    8/25/2012 5:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    Yeah, I can ignore it too but I'll still find it mildy insulting since its presumptious and kinda pokes insult at my current set of beliefs. Basically, I'll mind a little bit until the day he wouldn't be offended if I sent him a product with the quoran, diamond sutra or something else.
    Maybe I'll buy a holster, then send him a copy of Hustler to repay him for his thoughtful gift. My mama raised me with some manners.

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 8:32pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, I've been traveling on business this week. This morning I gave a presentation and knocked that bitch out of the park like a boss. Left and the weather was fucking beautiful. Got on my flight home. The flight was half full so I ended up with an empty seat next to me. I got to stretch out and have a couple cold ones without some fat slob spilling his lard into my personal space.

Hop in my truck after I land. Whadaya' know? Free XM for two weeks (I've really got to renew my subscription. Love that ****). Turn it on. Creeping Death by Metallica. **** yeah. Head home. No traffic.

Walk in the door. The dog's happy as hell to see me. Go put my keys on the counter. There's the package with my new Crossbreed holster. Two weeks early. Goddamn, it must be White Boy Day.

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 8:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Goddamn, it must be White Boy Day.
    Oh shizzle!

So, how do you like your new holster?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast