224750 Bullies, 3569 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/20/2012 8:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    Speaking of, did you get your Crossbreed yet?
    Nah. I think it said four to six weeks. It's only been a couple.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2012 9:54am

Style: Not much, lately

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Full-size 1911, Condition 1, Crossbreed SuperTuck at 3 o'clock.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    8/21/2012 9:08pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dammit. I typed this response twice and I lost it (lost internet connection) both times.
    Anyways,

Devil: you can make a hybrid pretty easily, and will be just as good as the CB or other expensive holsters. I have a write up on how to somewhere over here.

Moose: agreed on all points except I still don't think it is a good idea to have it pointed right at your vitals. All of the accidents I saw happened to guys who usually are very vigilant (seasoned competitors) about safety and had excellent holsters. **** just happens, especially under pressure, though everyone should still always always do everything they can to be safe. I think that includes not carrying appendix or crossdraw, with the latter being slightly more acceptable.

On the 'get a good holster' note moose mentioned, its really important. My favorite are kydex or kydex hybrid holsters that will hold up to you rolling on it with the hard part of your hip. Most holsters made of thick material will qualify. A close second is leather holsters that are reinforced, but I'd only run it if it passes the 'rollover' test. But literally millions of people are fine with leather holsters, so take it as my personal opinion.

www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 7:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    Devil: you can make a hybrid pretty easily, and will be just as good as the CB or other expensive holsters. I have a write up on how to somewhere over here.
    Not really into making holsters. I don't know if I'll like the Crossbreed or not. I bought it on a recommendation.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 12:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ahh, you already paid for it. Hope you get it soon.
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 12:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While we're on the subject of holsters, I'm going to go ahead and make a taxicab confession. I really want one of these and I've been wanting it for a long time:

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.as...29&CatalogID=2

Does this desire bring my sexuality into question? Sadly, I'll admit it could. Do I need it? Not in the least. Is it practical? Mmm, not so much. Would it make me feel like Don Johnson circa 1985? Fuckin' A right, it would. Is it $200 worth of dead cow badassery? You know that ************ is!

Every time I look at it I feel like Ralphie from a Christmas story. It will be mine. I swear in the name of all that is holy. It will.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 5:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is for Devil

Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 8:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    This is for Devil

I don't even.......

Yours truly

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 10:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently that was made at the request of a detective where sheer intimidation was very helpful when knocking on doors for questioning, to get the cooperation of very questionable people. I think its made in Florida too.

Just sayin' if you wanna go miami classic, go supermiami classic ;) if people question your sexuality, they dare not say it out loud. lolol
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 4:26pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like a lot of what I've read here. Sorry for being inactive lately, guys.

Recently my carry piece has been a 9mm Walther PPQ. Might go back to a Glock 26 soon, though. I can't seem to keep it off of my hip for very long periods of time. I carry with a round chambered at all times, I have a pistol on me whenever I'm dressed, and I'm dressed whenever I'm out of bed even if I plan on spending the entire day lounging around the house. The pistol is always at 3 O'clock and in a good Kydex IWB holster. Lately I've been using a Garrett industries holster. I loved it at first, but the leather lining inside the Kydex is getting torn up fast. Straight up Kydex, I'm convinced, is the best route for a holster at this point.

Always carry a flashlight, by the way. It hasn't hindered me at all to incorporate a Surefire E1B into my every day routine no matter where I go. I can have it anywhere, I use it for little things here and there on a daily basis, and it puts out enough light to identify targets at night from 50 feet away.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast