Sponsored Links Spacer Image

:)

Posted On:
    8/09/2012 1:27am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Your top 10 mma moments BI4TCH

This is a tough one. Can you narrow down, even for the purpose of a single post, or series of posts, your favorite 10 moments, in this superb sport of mma? I can't, but I'm gonna try. So are you, because you're already sucked in, or you suck...one of the two.

For all I care, it could be in any mixed-martial-art (involves striking and grappling/submissions). I'll start, but to be honest, I'll definitely make another list a few posts from now.

I'm totally mental about the sport, and a top 50 would even be a real task to narrow down and assemble, let alone order.

Let's do it countdown style, if you can, in fact, discern your even-more-favorite-favorites, from among all the moments. If you're really stuck, make it a top 20, 30, or 1,000 if you wish (if it's a top 30 or more, consider using spoiler tags, so no eyes bleed).
    If you don't know how to spoiler: put [spoiler ] without the space between r and ] insert text, and type [/spoiler ] again without the space.

Copy and paste the numbers within the spoiler below, for a countdown list with appropriate blood red formatting, and get to listing, fools:
    Spoiler:

10:
    9:
    8:
    7:
    6:
    5:
    4:
    3:
    2:
    1:

If you need a top 20, use the text in the spoiler below:
    Spoiler:

20:
    19:
    18:
    17:
    16:
    15:
    14:
    13:
    12:
    11:
    10:
    9:
    8:
    7:
    6:
    5:
    4:
    3:
    2:
    1:

If you need 30 or more, click below:
    Spoiler:

Do it your damned selves~!

This doesn't have to be definitive, unless you really don't have a life. Just throw out Some multiple of 10, of good ones in a simple list, describe below that, the epic about it, if you like. Be as long winded as you wish.

Now spring out a list, quick-like. I'm curious what our tiny minds will do with this. Repeats are fine over the course of the thread, no big thing.

Ok, go.

Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 8/09/2012 2:02am at .

Posted On:
    8/09/2012 2:53am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    10: Fedor gets Randlebombed...and lives.
    9: Hendo H-bombs Bisping and his ancestors.
    8: Brock Lesnar eats an ugly liver kick from the Reem, something Emperor no clothes
    7: Royce Gracie grabs Kimo's ponytail for much of their fight to great advantage
    6:
    Johnny Rhodes vs. Fred Ettish - the kickboxing counter right, to the low kick.
    5: Genki Sudo double drop kicks Butterbean
    4: Daniel Cormier body slams Josh Barnett
    3: Fedor armbars Hong Choi Man
    2: Crocop head kick ko's the guy in the mask...+1 good punch fashion p0lice.
    1: Fedor armbars Ogawa, in Pride, while Bas screams EEETTTTSS BEEEAAAUUUTIFULLL.

Posted On:
    8/09/2012 10:20am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) watching Brock Lesner get turned into a turtle by Cain Velasquez.

2) watching Dana Whites soul die when Kimbo Slice was bitch slapped by a fat guy.

3)Machida vs. Couture, I loved that front snap kick.

4) any fight with Anthony "Showtime" Pettis.

5) whenever Bones Jones gets beat. Pleaseeee let it be soon.

6) Watching Bigfoot gorilla smash Fedor. (yes I know it seems mean).

7) any of the early not so regulated UFC fights.

8) Hendo v Bispin in smug removal 101.

9) Silva v Sonnen 2 I seriously thought Sonnen was going to cry after that fight.

10) any fight with Rousey.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/09/2012 11:11am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    10. When Keith Hackney knocked down Emmanuel Yarborough with a giant overhand slap

9. Keith Hackney's repeated uppercuts to a rapist's balls

8. Frank Shamrock messing with Bas Rutten in pancrase

7. Pat Smith elbowing that ninja master into oblivion

6. Teila Tuli getting his tooth kicked out soon into the first round of the first UFC

5. Any time Vitor Belfort marathon-punched his opponent across the octagon

4. Genki Sudo's antics- all of them. Backwards-run to backfist, for example

3. Crocop's eye punch that turned Bob Sapp into a "Leave Britney alone!" charade

2. Henderson swan diving forearm first into Bisping's face and neck

1. Don Frye vs Takayama for the facepunch-without-flinching world championship

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2012 5:51pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    co-sign on a bunch of these, here is a list of my favorites that haven't been mentioned:

10) Bob Sapp pile driving the **** out of Big Nog... and Big Nog going on to win by arm bar seconds later

9) Nate Diaz punches honing in on Cerrone's face, landing every time

8) Diego Brandao getting an armbar on Dennis Burmudez, grabbing one of the very arms that seconds before had been pummeling him into oblivion

7) Wanderlei, in prime Wanderlei form, leaving Rampage dangling in the ropes at the end of their second match

6) any time Jimy Hettes (or any other Judoka) performs a badass Judo toss

5) Machida knocking out Rashad after Rashad told Machida he hit like a bitch

4) any moment where Anderson Silva uses his crazy head movement

3) when Yvel attacked the referee during Gilbert Yvel vs Atte Backman... and Backman bravely ran away when that happened

2) Anderson Silva knocking out Vitor Belfort with that badass front kick

1) the moment Seanbaby decided "hmm, I should write articles about MMA"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2012 6:31pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    10: "Tank" Abbott butchers John Matua in UFC 6. Striking mattered again, baby. Gloves did too.

9: Kasushi Sakuraba beats 4 Gracies in a row

8: Mark Coleman pioneers the inelegant but effective "ground and pound" technique

7: The Hairrow

6: Shonie Carter KOs Matt Serra with a spinning backfist

5: TUF season 1 ends with Griffen vs Bonnar fight

4: Gabriel Gonzaga kicks CroCop in the head so hard his leg is on backwards when he falls

3: Scott Smith and Pete Sell Hollywood-esque fight ending

2: Despite having almost no exposure to a US audience Fedor becomes the most feared fighter alive for a decade

1: Marco Ruas debuts in the UFC with a fight style that is still heavily in use today
    Last edited by Bad Apple; 8/09/2012 6:32pm at . Reason: spacing

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2012 8:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    10. Dennis Hallman's dick falls out of his speedo in UFC 133.

9. A drunken Leon Spinks shows up in the Ukraine to watch the first IFC.

8. Art Jimmerson gets a job teaching boxercise at a UFC Gym and asks Royce Gracie for a rematch.

7. John Wayne Bobbit negotiates with Art Davie about fighting in the UFC after UFC 6 and gets involved in an alterction between Pat Smith and Tank Abbott.

6. Tank Abbott and Scott Ferrozzo have a rematch in Scott's back yard fifteen years after their first fight in UFC 11.

5. Kevin Randleman gets a staph infection that leaves several massive, gaping holes in his torso.

4. Melton Bowen knocks out the Miami Cannibal in 2007, proving that ninjas are indeed more powerful than zombies.

3. Viacheslav Datsik breaks out of a mental clinic, crosses national lines to Norway and asks for political asylum.

2. EliteXC actually has a cheerleading squad dance for the first MMA event on prime time cable television.

1. Gina Carano beats the **** out of an old woman on American Gladiators.

No particular order for this one.
    Last edited by Holy Moment; 8/09/2012 8:28pm at .

Posted On:
    8/09/2012 11:49pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is all great stuff, guys. Let me see...I'll try not to repeat any...yet.

10: Anderson Silva's matrix dodge of Sonnen's spinning backfist.

9: Any time Cung Le does his jab-cross feint into the spinning back-kick

8: Fedor knocks Arlovski so completely out, that he was staring off into canvas-floor space.

7: Yves Edwards' jump roundhouse shin-kick KO of that guy, in that fight.

6: Patrick Smith "I'm impervious to pain" and subsequent tap to leglock.

5: The next year, Pat Smith "I"ve been working on my leglocks, not like I should" - gets submitted again.

4: Fedor breaks Jeff Monson's leg w/ lead-leg roundhouse kicks, in their fight (and also the love the Russian fans showed Monson)

3: Fedor stands up with Crocop, in his absolute prime, and wins somehow.

2: The entire Eddie Alvarez/Michael Chandler fight. Every fucking second. One of the best few fights I've ever witnessed.

1: The Upper Decker, on the TUF show (crapping into the water reservoir of a toilet, so when you flush, you get chocolate water for a while).
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 8/09/2012 11:53pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2012 12:38am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Almost all of these were touched on already, but...

10: Genki Sudo submitting butterbean

9: Mark Coleman carrying in his daughters to meet Fedor

8: Cro Cop vs Wanderlei Silva II, the entire fight...no explanation required.

7: Cro Cop almost crying after winning the Pride Grand Prix

6: Fedor's duck-under take down on Heath Herring has always stuck in my head...such a slick move

5: Chris McCallop's guillotine suplex

4: Overeem stuffing Lesnar's takedown attempt and watching Lesnar panic and resort to trying to outstrike overeem

3: Vovchanchyn's ko of bueno...just sick

2: Vovchanchyn landing a head kick on Cro Cop then getting dropped two seconds later

1: Fedor beating Pedro Rizzo...I know, I know, he's a can/old/whatever...idc about that. I'm just glad to see the greatest of the golden era of mma go out with his hand raised and with some dignity still intact. I still watched all of his fights after his 3 fight skid, but i found myself cringing watching his fights instead of looking forward to them...last thing the haters needed was more fuel to add to their non-stop fedor roast.

...I know i missed some, but this is just off the top of my head.

(edit) Nick Diaz slapping a gogoplata on gomi...not sure where i'd rank it, but...
    Last edited by risingphoenix73; 8/10/2012 12:42am at . Reason: knew i forgot one...

Posted On:
    8/10/2012 1:23am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^ great set of moments there.

10. Cung Le breaking Frank Shamrock's arm, w/ high shin kicks (use both arms to block, and not the wrist, kids)

9: Mark Hunt attempting to **** on fate, and defy physics by almost submitting Fedor via Kimura

8: Mark Hunt's butt bomb move, in a fight - classic

7: Heath Herring clocking the **** out of that guy, and laying him out, for kissing him during the ref time, before their fight.

6: Fedor hitting Brett Rogers hard enough to change his nationality.

5: The humble dignity with which Fedor celebrated his every win (pump a little fist, check to see if the other guy was still alive, and that's it)

4: Fedor's last professional KO vs Rizzo. Switch step/superman punch into almost superfluous pounding out.

3: The great cry of dismay from the American suburbs when Brock got leglocked by Mir, like they were training.

2: Tim Sylvia schooling the world's strongest man, Pudz, in Worcester, Ma, reaffirming the truth that strength does not equal fighting skill. People hate on Tim, but not many have his record, and he's a threat still. War Maniac!!! Get that man back in the UFC.

1: The ease with which Daniel Cormier stuffs takedowns. Born to sprawl. He is, to me, the hottest up-and-coming star in mma. He is a rare tree, that cannot be felled. I pity Mir (not really, he's paid for this). Prop and pound for the win. This man is a future champ IMO.

Honorable mention: Every time Genki Sudo did the robot in a fight, and when he would hold up the "We are all one" flag banner. Classy guy, that. One of my absolute favs. If only more talented fighters would put on a show like that.

2nd honorable mention: Fedor's exhibition/demonstration with Shinya Aoki. Smiling the whole time, both of them. Love some of those throws. Also, the exhibition w/ Fedor and Mousassi. Great stuff, that.

Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 8/10/2012 1:46am at .
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast