Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/17/2012 3:04pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerstörer90 View Post
    Also as Joe Rogan repeats incessantly whenever Josh Koshcheck is fighting "A fighter that is high level in one discipline can become high level in anotherte.
    Which area besides wrestling is Josh high level in? I know it isn't submissions. Apparently the UFC should test commentators as well as fighters.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2012 4:14pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize TKOs were fake knockouts. I forgot they don't count. What was I thinking? A bunch of Junior dos Santos' knockouts are TKOs too. I guess the ref should just let them keep beating the **** out of an opponent who's down and out until their opponent is clearly unconscious so they can call it a KO instead of a TKO.

Strawman much? I was pointing out that she hasn't been stopping people with one punch as was implied in the earlier posts (especially Marquart vs. Maia). And that she hasn't stopped anybody with punches since coming into strikeforce. I was showing this in relation to the obvious effectiveness of Rousey's game. Who has yet to fail to finish an opponent. I'm not arguing the merits of TKO vs KO's, however, having a legit knockout in MMA can be very different from having a TKO. (look at Okami vs Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Which area besides wrestling is Josh high level in? I know it isn't submissions. Apparently the UFC should test commentators as well as fighters.
    Er... They (the announcers) talk about his right hand a bunch. And he has had a few knockouts, I wouldn't consider him a "high level" striker myself, but he definitely has a right hand, which he didn't before. And also... atleast Koscheck has knocked out some high level competition.
    Last edited by Zerstörer90; 8/17/2012 4:18pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/17/2012 4:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Point taken, Z.
    I was mostly being obnoxious because...well, I can't stand Koscheck. High level...Paulo Thiago says no, but I would say he's an example of someone who is comfortable with striking. Who has he knocked out at a high level? All his best wins that I can think of were decisions...unless you're counting Matt Hughes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2012 4:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Point taken, Z.
    I was mostly being obnoxious because...well, I can't stand Koscheck. High level...Paulo Thiago says no, but I would say he's an example of someone who is comfortable with striking. Who has he knocked out at a high level? All his best wins that I can think of were decisions...unless you're counting Matt Hughes.

I would say Yoshida and Trigg, but they aren't known for striking. Yea I guess Hughes was his only real feather in his cap striking wise (if you can call it even that). I've always hated Koscheck as well, it's just every time he fights joe rogan says that sentence. Only reason i brought him up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2012 6:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Test" Joe Rogan? Like we really have to to know?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/17/2012 9:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerstörer90 View Post
    Strawman much? I was pointing out that she hasn't been stopping people with one punch as was implied in the earlier posts (especially Marquart vs. Maia). And that she hasn't stopped anybody with punches since coming into strikeforce. I was showing this in relation to the obvious effectiveness of Rousey's game. Who has yet to fail to finish an opponent. I'm not arguing the merits of TKO vs KO's, however, having a legit knockout in MMA can be very different from having a TKO. (look at Okami vs Roberts)
    Backpedal much? You quoted me to argue someone else's post? The Marquardt/Maia comment wasn't my comment and I never said anything about one punch knockout power.

It's true Kaufman's KO percentage has decreased since stepping up the level of competition. That didn't escape my attention.

Posted On:
    8/18/2012 8:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy Cupcake!
    That was awesome!

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/18/2012 11:00pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I told you bitches Ronda was an unstoppable juggernaut. You'd think my opinion would be more respected around here after I educated everyone on how Frank Mir could beat JDS.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2012 11:25pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow she fucking did it again RR unbelievable...... My opinion is Sarah was taken so surprised by Rhonda coming out swinging. Sarah believed the hype to her detriment so sad and kudos to Tate winning by what she lost by in a previous fight. Actually kudos to her opponent that woman was out over a year and did better than most men out for a few months.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    8/19/2012 2:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 8/19/2012 2:34am at .
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast