Page 5 of 11 First 123456789 ... Last
  1. #41

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerstörer90 View Post
    Also as Joe Rogan repeats incessantly whenever Josh Koshcheck is fighting "A fighter that is high level in one discipline can become high level in anotherte.
    Which area besides wrestling is Josh high level in? I know it isn't submissions. Apparently the UFC should test commentators as well as fighters.

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Edmonds, WA
    Posts
    257
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize TKOs were fake knockouts. I forgot they don't count. What was I thinking? A bunch of Junior dos Santos' knockouts are TKOs too. I guess the ref should just let them keep beating the **** out of an opponent who's down and out until their opponent is clearly unconscious so they can call it a KO instead of a TKO.

    Strawman much? I was pointing out that she hasn't been stopping people with one punch as was implied in the earlier posts (especially Marquart vs. Maia). And that she hasn't stopped anybody with punches since coming into strikeforce. I was showing this in relation to the obvious effectiveness of Rousey's game. Who has yet to fail to finish an opponent. I'm not arguing the merits of TKO vs KO's, however, having a legit knockout in MMA can be very different from having a TKO. (look at Okami vs Roberts)

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Which area besides wrestling is Josh high level in? I know it isn't submissions. Apparently the UFC should test commentators as well as fighters.
    Er... They (the announcers) talk about his right hand a bunch. And he has had a few knockouts, I wouldn't consider him a "high level" striker myself, but he definitely has a right hand, which he didn't before. And also... atleast Koscheck has knocked out some high level competition.
    Last edited by Zerstörer90; 8/17/2012 4:18pm at .

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Point taken, Z.
    I was mostly being obnoxious because...well, I can't stand Koscheck. High level...Paulo Thiago says no, but I would say he's an example of someone who is comfortable with striking. Who has he knocked out at a high level? All his best wins that I can think of were decisions...unless you're counting Matt Hughes.

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Edmonds, WA
    Posts
    257
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Point taken, Z.
    I was mostly being obnoxious because...well, I can't stand Koscheck. High level...Paulo Thiago says no, but I would say he's an example of someone who is comfortable with striking. Who has he knocked out at a high level? All his best wins that I can think of were decisions...unless you're counting Matt Hughes.

    I would say Yoshida and Trigg, but they aren't known for striking. Yea I guess Hughes was his only real feather in his cap striking wise (if you can call it even that). I've always hated Koscheck as well, it's just every time he fights joe rogan says that sentence. Only reason i brought him up.

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    228
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Which area besides wrestling is Josh high level in? I know it isn't submissions. Apparently the UFC should test commentators as well as fighters.
    "Test" Joe Rogan? Like we really have to to know?

  6. #46
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,004
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerstörer90 View Post
    Strawman much? I was pointing out that she hasn't been stopping people with one punch as was implied in the earlier posts (especially Marquart vs. Maia). And that she hasn't stopped anybody with punches since coming into strikeforce. I was showing this in relation to the obvious effectiveness of Rousey's game. Who has yet to fail to finish an opponent. I'm not arguing the merits of TKO vs KO's, however, having a legit knockout in MMA can be very different from having a TKO. (look at Okami vs Roberts)
    Backpedal much? You quoted me to argue someone else's post? The Marquardt/Maia comment wasn't my comment and I never said anything about one punch knockout power.

    It's true Kaufman's KO percentage has decreased since stepping up the level of competition. That didn't escape my attention.

  7. #47
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    4,399
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy Cupcake!
    That was awesome!

  8. #48
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,004
    9
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I told you bitches Ronda was an unstoppable juggernaut. You'd think my opinion would be more respected around here after I educated everyone on how Frank Mir could beat JDS.

  9. #49
    danharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    1,648
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow she fucking did it again RR unbelievable...... My opinion is Sarah was taken so surprised by Rhonda coming out swinging. Sarah believed the hype to her detriment so sad and kudos to Tate winning by what she lost by in a previous fight. Actually kudos to her opponent that woman was out over a year and did better than most men out for a few months.

  10. #50
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,921
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 8/19/2012 2:34am at .

Page 5 of 11 First 123456789 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO