Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/13/2013 11:42am

Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by V8Eater View Post
    If a sparring partner holds his guard too far out, I like to knock his guard away with an inside crescent kick and punch his face while he's giving me the "did you just throw a fucking crescent kick at me?" face.

I also like to put the palm of my left hand in someone's face and then punch with my right when they pull my left hand down away from their face.

As for grappling, I think it is hilarious to wrist lock MMA guys. A ripped MMA fighter tapping to a desk jockey's wrist lock is just good fun.
    That crescent kick **** never works out for me, I usually just round house the guard(hard) so their arms are too hurt to block and are worrying about the throbbing pain of the kick to worry about their defenses.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/13/2013 12:20pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think inward crescent kick to the guards is really, really stupid. First of all, in the time it takes you to stop your hip and bring your foot down, they can certainly just put their guard back up or stop hit you. Second, do you really want to rely on your opponent pausing dumbfounded at you doing something dumb? If that's your game, pull out all the stops and run backwards at them while throwing backfists. Third, throwing your medial malleolus into someone's bones is a bad idea. Fourth, if they have any idea of disengaging you'll miss and eat a hook for your troubles.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/14/2013 4:27pm

Style: BJJ, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is just something I use for fun against partners I'm outclassing. I would not use that technique against everyone.

I don't wait for my foot to hit the ground. As soon as I move the guard I throw a light cross. It isn't a full power punch, it is not meant to be.

I don't "rely" on it. I've used it on occasion. If I was to get countered, that'd be fine. I'm not using that in a competitive fight, just sparring against beginners.

It is a fun technique that I've enjoyed. The guys that have used it on have been good sports about it.

Thanks for the feedback, though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2013 1:34am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chain punching.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2013 9:05am

Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm having pretty good success with bolo punches lately.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011