Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 12:44pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there a name for that Genki Sudo technique where you hold your opponent's legs like a Boston crab then spin in circles so the momentum takes them off the floor?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 12:53pm

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been working the jumping flywheel as a counter to someone coming in with a barrage or a leg shot.

Posted On:
    1/30/2013 1:42pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    I've been working the jumping flywheel as a counter to someone coming in with a barrage or a leg shot.
    Seems like a replacement step/Illustrisimo cross step would be better suited for both of those things.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 6:22am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Seems like a replacement step/Illustrisimo cross step would be better suited for both of those things.
    But that deprives me of the opportunity to yell "DEATH FROM ABOVE" as I'm doing it.

Seriously though, I think I have an idea of the cross-step you mean, but I've never heard of a replacement step, could you describe it/link to a video?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 8:34am

Style: Judo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorekara View Post
    Nonhands ashi is funny as hell! I was doing radori against an Aikido guy last week. He was extremely defensive and it was hard to get a grip. I decided to just ashi to take his mind off of grips. It was hard not to laugh, although my intention wasn't to be funny.
    I have to concur with this. I did this (no-hands deashi barai) in karate sparring earlier this week, largely as a feint, but it ended up dropping my opponent! Fun stuff.

Posted On:
    1/31/2013 1:20pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Seriously though, I think I have an idea of the cross-step you mean, but I've never heard of a replacement step, could you describe it/link to a video?
    Lynn Thompson teaches it (I think he calls it a front leg replacement). Its where you quickly pick up your front leg, swing it back, then put it back where you started. Basically, its a quick dodge against a leg attack.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2013 11:09pm

Style: Itinerant Wanderer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Is there a name for that Genki Sudo technique where you hold your opponent's legs like a Boston crab then spin in circles so the momentum takes them off the floor?
    Permalost, the only thing that comes to my mind resembling that is kaza guruma from the danzan ryu boards. I can't find a video of it to save my life though, so it may not be exactly the one you're speaking about.

You start by throwing your opponent and gripping the legs. Spin them around, and when you land, fake the other direction, then step over to put them on their stomach. Boston crab them to taste.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2013 12:07pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,WT,Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In stick fighting:

Left hand drills or switching to left in a spar.Most people being right handed it tends to slow them down or wierd them out,Im left handed who was compelled to use my right in training.Always felt good to go "natural".

Striking: a little capoeira i picked up.Bust into a ginga for a taunt,followed by the sweeps and closer to ground movement to piss off WT guys.

Grappling: None yet.grapple is still the serious business for me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2013 2:03am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When your grappling partner turtles: instead of putting hooks in for back mount, grab their far collar, and roll over them, flipping them over you and sneaking in the other arm for the single wing choke. If they don't tap go for the armbar or mount. Variation - hook their near arm with your leg to land them in a crucifix instead.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2013 5:38pm

Style: BJJ, Kickboxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If a sparring partner holds his guard too far out, I like to knock his guard away with an inside crescent kick and punch his face while he's giving me the "did you just throw a fucking crescent kick at me?" face.

I also like to put the palm of my left hand in someone's face and then punch with my right when they pull my left hand down away from their face.

As for grappling, I think it is hilarious to wrist lock MMA guys. A ripped MMA fighter tapping to a desk jockey's wrist lock is just good fun.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast