--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Practicing defense by yourself

I am a college student in the middle of nowhere and there are no martial arts gyms any where close. I have boxed for the past few years and want to get back into it. There is a bag at the school gym which i hit and i also shadow box. Is there any way for me to practice my defense other then just shadow defense drills? thank you

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

practicing defense alone

I am a college student in the middle of nowhere and there are no martial arts gyms any where close. I have boxed for the past few years and want to get back into it. There is a bag at the school gym which i hit and i also shadow box. Is there any way for me to practice my defense other then just shadow defense drills? thank you

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Post on Craigslist and / or local papers seeking others with a similar interest. If there is a college, there will be at least a few people who would likely want to train and possibly even start a club. You would be surprised at how many martial artists, even trained fighters, in many areas.

If this fails, work on your cardio, keep punching the bag and shadow-boxing.
    Good luck.

I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbonez152 View Post
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Cross-posting the same thread in multiple forums is against the rules here. Please do not do so again.

I advise you to read the stickies at the top of each of the forums. These are the threads that address you by your username in the thread title. They list the rules and guidelines for each of the individual forums. Some forums are moderated much more strictly than others. The stickies will help guide you.