Style
    Ku'i Lima Kenpo-Jujitsu,
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello from Campbell, CA

Hello gents,

I've been lurking since forever, figured it was time I quit being lame and participated in a conversation or two.

Been a martial artist for years, especially passionate about Jujitsu, and I deeply enjoy getting out on the mat and letting them fly. Even losing is good times....don't learn much from winning. Not that I'm complaining when I do, haha.

I work Hawaiian Kenpo-Jujitsu ( a style called Ku'i Lima kenpo, which is a syncretic joining of Hawaiian Kenpo, Lua, and Danzan-Ryu Jujitsu as taught by Professor Sig Kufferath, who was a direct student of Professor Okazaki in the islands), Danzan Ryu Jujitsu, and Kodokan Judo. We spar one class a week in Kenpo--moderately hard, using sport jujitsu or continuous rules, depending upon whose fighting--and randori every class in our Kodokan Judo/Danzan-ryu Jujitsu class. We usually begin in standup and work until submission--unless there is a tournament to prep for, in which case we work the Judo rules in randori for a couple classes before. (Which, for the record, fuc*ing suck.) Anyway, I'll do a proper review at some point using the forums rules, but thought I'd talk for a bit about the Kenpo style as it isn't well known...and the FAQ suggested I should. Ha.

Anyway, I love to train and discuss m.a. bidness, and I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.