Style
    Muay Thai & BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

RMBJJ Coral Springs

I'm looking for some information on RMBJJ in Coral Springs. I would like to know about their BJJ and Muay Thai classes. Looking for something like Gracie Combatives, not "sport" Jiu-Jitsu. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gracie Combatives is the official beginner program of the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy. In this program, students learn the 36 most important techniques in a fun, safe, and cooperative training environment.
    Taken from the Gracie academy website, since I needed to look up what you meant by "gracie combatives". Seems you've found yourself one of the many synonyms for BJJ, though in this case it seems to be more like "beginner BJJ". What you want is Brazillian Jiu Jitsu. Sport Jiu Jitsu, same thing. If your school doesn't regularly compete (and hopefully do well) in "sport" Jiu Jitsu tournaments, that's a bad sign. Even if you're just looking for something self defence based.

If you're looking for information on the school, I can guarantee the best way to find it is to go in for a class. Ask questions, get a feel for how "alive" the training is, and decide for yourself if they're what you want.

Style
    Muay Thai & BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Like Water View Post
    Taken from the Gracie academy website, since I needed to look up what you meant by "gracie combatives". Seems you've found yourself one of the many synonyms for BJJ, though in this case it seems to be more like "beginner BJJ". What you want is Brazillian Jiu Jitsu. Sport Jiu Jitsu, same thing. If your school doesn't regularly compete (and hopefully do well) in "sport" Jiu Jitsu tournaments, that's a bad sign. Even if you're just looking for something self defence based.

If you're looking for information on the school, I can guarantee the best way to find it is to go in for a class. Ask questions, get a feel for how "alive" the training is, and decide for yourself if they're what you want.
    Thanks for responding. I went by the school, looked around and got some information. The place is immaculate! When I got to the office, I sent them an email requesting pricing and bit more information. I received a response the next day. They answered all my questions, quoted pricing and invited me to take a free class.

They do compete and have a few video's on youtube. I will be taking them up on their invite and see what happens.
    Last edited by csonera; 8/12/2012 6:52pm at .