Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/21/2004 10:17am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Get ahold of one side of the gi lapel, same-side hand high up and opposite-side hand lower down. Without sliding your hands up and down the lapel, bring the same-side hand, lapel included, over to the other side of the neck. Now continue pulling with that hand down and towards the same-side again while pulling down with the opposide-side hand. Choke him like you're wringing a towel; it should cut blood, not air.
    Combine this with a forward drag since you do it from infront of his head. Make him think about his base and not his neck.

2. From the right/left side, pull up on the back of his gi collar with your right/left hand after you work your left/right hand over his left/right shoulder and grab the right/left lapel. Yank him up and slide the right/left hand rightwise/leftwise around his neck like you were going to put him in a headlock, but move around and grab the left/right lapel high with your hand. Now swing your legs out infront of him like you were in kesa gatame but only holding onto his head. Instant sliding collar choke with all your weight on his shoulders and head.

Forgive me if this is hard to visualize, I only just learned those two.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 4/21/2004 10:22am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wastrel
    I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Seeker of Truth

Posted On:
    4/21/2004 11:59am

supporting member
     Style: Five Animal Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega showed us something really simple at the NorCal throwdown. If you can get behind them, grab them by the shoulders (on the side not the top) and yank. They pop up and you apply a rear naked or other choke of your choice. It was very hard ot stay turtled.

I'm sure he can explain it better.

Posted On:
    4/21/2004 5:29pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Various rolling armbars. I haven't seen any good online explanations, and they're too complex. Get Neil Adams' Armbars book. Or get the Mike Swain Juji Gatame video (most of the armbars are from the turtle). Or get the Russian Judo book. Also, clock choke is da bomb. Go to www.bjj.org/techniques and the show a number of clock chokes. Oh yeah or you can do side triangle chokes. Get Kashiwazaki's "Shimewaza" book.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

BJJ/Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    4/22/2004 12:48am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This reminds me I have to add an "attacking the turtle" section for my technique site. Thanks :)

Posted On:
    4/22/2004 12:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roberto, how about an "answer my PM" section :)

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    4/22/2004 1:12am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, judo turtling. I like to do this a lot because I'm a gigantic wuss when I play judo.

For one thing, even if someone is being defensive with their lapels you can often succeed in getting your mitts in there for a choke. You just gotta be mean. SLIDE your knuckles down the sweaty sides of their neck, get in there deep, and do what you gotta do for some kind of rear choke.

The key is to SLIDE those knuckles really hard on the neck so it hurts a lot and distracts the guy. Once a really big guy sat on my back and did that in order to get a big choke on me. The SLIDE was sufficiently painful that I made noise.

I don't know about submits per se but you can often roll the guy out of the turtle. Just crouch on one side of him, extend one of your legs and put it right in front of his head, and then use your arms to grab his belt and flip him on his back over your leg. Basically his head gets stuck against your leg and as a result his body ends up flipping over frontwards. If they don't know what you're doing or you do it fast this usually works. It might sound a little unlikely but I've gotten it to work in many cases.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

BJJ/Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    4/23/2004 9:58am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have PMs? Oops I didn't notice, I apologize!!!

Posted On:
    4/23/2004 10:05am

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Osiris
    "Not allowed in Judo but this is one of my favorites that was just shown in GRAPPLING. Its the BANNA SPLIT.(I used to call it the ASIA XTREME! Alot of guys didn't know this move, the wrestlers did of course) From his left side get a grapvine his left leg with ou left leg. Reach over or under to his opposite leg with your arms. Fall back and figure 4 your legs. Crankand make a wish."

Same technique I referred to as split scissors.
    BNNA SPLIT IS freaking awsome, (i think we are talking about the same move) its a wrestling move.

I have gotten armbars or i can tap them with the split.
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    4/23/2004 1:16pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nooo, turtling is waiting for the other guy to make a mistake you can exploit. Saying that turtling is necessarily dilatory is a lot like saying the guard is necessarily dilatory. Stop complaining just because the other guy actually tries to make your job harder.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

MMA Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    4/23/2004 1:35pm

Style: Jazzercise

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there are so many

the key is to set it up with good control

one-on-one with a triangle around the other arm sets up the crucifix and that weird rolling shoulder lock

if your opponent is bigger and stronger and you can't triangle the arm and you are not comfortable hopping over for the clock choke, try this one

set up the one-on-one and transition to cross face with your far arm going under your opponents far arm

walk to parrallell, put the shoulder furthest from your opponent on the floor and roll

big or not he is coming with you

another good one is the Renzo roll

grab under the arms and grab gi or anterior delts

position your body on the right of his and put your right shoulder on his back and roll

unless they are really big they are coming with
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast