Page 3 of 3 First 123

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RhinoUP View Post
    Yes I'm the oldest..at least for now. The bjj class is relatively small...maybe 15-20 regulars.
    I think your instructor is failing you if what you think of grappling is based off your former staement

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I think your instructor is failing you if what you think of grappling is based off your former staement
    Not 100% sure what you mean but after rereading my post , I'm guessing it has to do with what I said about kicking ass. It was said in jest.

Style
    none currently
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks again for everybody who was chimed in on this thread (and for finding me people to chat with).
    I'm TOTALLY going to do it after listening to all your testimonials about not being too old. HELL YEAH. Now, the process of finding the right one...

After reading Shinbushi's post, I looked at his gym (so close to where I live) which looked pretty cool. However, his website made me curious about the arts of Japanese Jiu-jitsu and Judo (which they both teach). Nedless to say, and after hours of reading the forums, I'm REALLY curious about judo now. It seems you learn similar throws, locks and chokes but primarily from a standing position which may be a better options for an EMT like me. While I know it's "bad" to strike threatening patients (even the unruly ones who are on drugs or intoxicated), it might also be frowned upon to roll BJJ style on the ground and armbar somone into submission. Plus, peoples houses as well as hospital floors are DISGUSTING and who wants to roll around down there?
    Any thoughts would be appreciated?

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RhinoUP View Post
    Not 100% sure what you mean but after rereading my post , I'm guessing it has to do with what I said about kicking ass. It was said in jest.
    My mistake. I get so many guys stating stuff like that I have no idea who is serious or not.

As for Shinbishi's place (spelling changed by kindle) he still has live grappling, which follows modern practice.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hear ya...I came home from class on Sat and told my wife that I kicked ass in class today...why did I feel that way...well, I was able to pull off a sweep that I've been drilling like crazy. Gotta admit I was pumped about it. That's kinda what I meant in my post.

Page 3 of 3 First 123