Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/19/2012 8:33am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StepInCross View Post
    Don't want to create another thread and since my question is still about a fist injury, I'll ask it here.

I've got some swelling on my middle knuckle from a punching a wall in anger. Its not exactly severe and it doesn't here, at least it hasn't hurt yet. I just recently did it, though. Can I still train tomorrow? What should I do to help it heal quicker?
    Try avoiding hitting hard surfaces, it tends to get the better of your fist. If you must act out your anger, try kicking or slamming a door.
    If the knuckle is swollen i would avoid today's practice and do cardio and weight lifting instead until it doesn't hurt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2012 8:42am

Style: Delusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    What are you 12? Go see a fucking doctor. Then a head shrink you idiot.
    Its better than having to deal with the social mess brought about by beating somebody's head in. All in all, I also take and receive less damage doing this than getting into a confrontation.

Unlike most people, I am pretty chill with getting stepped on bullied, picked on and even physically hurt. It's just I have a snapping point, where I go from very tolerant and laid back, to a I want to hurt you, kill you, violate your very soul mad.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/19/2012 9:03am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its better than having to deal with the social mess brought about by beating somebody's head in. All in all, I also take and receive less damage doing this than getting into a confrontation.
    Whatever the problem, there is a far better way of dealing with it and eliminating it than hitting a wall like a pissed off teenager (which btw does not eliminate it, obviously it just causes another separate problem).

Unlike most people, I am pretty chill with getting stepped on bullied, picked on and even physically hurt. It's just I have a snapping point, where I go from very tolerant and laid back, to a I want to hurt you, kill you, violate your very soul mad.
    Again, see a therapist. This is not a joke or a stab. Nobody wants to answer questions about injuries self inflicted in anger.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Posted On:
    8/20/2012 1:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cool you are lenny Mclean.

Anyway I have hurt my hand and trained with it. Just be carefull.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 7:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @gregaquaman

I've actually gotten a minor muscle tear on my forearm. I got myself psyched ,because I knew a trainer was watching and could look at the mistakes on my form, and punched as hard as I can, ripped something on my forearm and had some minor swelling on my knuckle & wrist(which hurt like a mofo because it was putting pressure on a nerve there).

Every single time I go to the university doctor(free health care as part of the Uni), they would tell me to take Corticosteroids. Why in the holy hell are doctors so willing to give out steroids like candy!? I didn't actually buy and take the medicine and just got a free x-ray but holy hell! What is up with that?

Posted On:
    8/22/2012 8:31am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You do know that steroids are a very broad family. It's not the Anabolic steroids he wanted you to take, he wanted you to take something that will fight against the inflammation that causes the swelling and pain.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 8:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know. I used to take corticosteroid sprays via inhalation because of my asthma and now have very thin skin thanks to its long term use.

The doctor never bothered to tell me about the side effects and drugs to avoid taking with it. He never bothered to tell me that it might compromise my immune system etc, etc. He never even bothered with even the most cursory glance at my medical history. He just touched the spot, said it was most prolly a minor tear but just in case it was a major tear, I should take some.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 10:42am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With 2 and a half months of boxing experience and flailing on the bag so it cuts your knuckles open, you're not just damaging your hands. You're most likely damaging your boxing form and technique too.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 11:22am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stupid question, stupid answers. Fair enough.
    Right you are the fucker running around claiming you are a boxer and we find out you have been training for 2 months.

Telling you to listen to your trainers is stupid? Cool!

Original:
    Fist Injuries

Posted On:
    8/23/2012 12:37pm

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Every single time I go to the university doctor(free health care as part of the Uni), they would tell me to take Corticosteroids. Why in the holy hell are doctors so willing to give out steroids like candy!? I didn't actually buy and take the medicine and just got a free x-ray but holy hell! What is up with that?
    So, to sum up, you don't listen to your trainer's advice, nor do you listen to your doctor's advice. Why then, in the name of the God of Boxing, do you bother coming here and asking for advice?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast