Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 12:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

freakin' gallstones

So, I got thrown today and couldn't catch my breath - it felt like someone had kicked me in the soul. ER time later, I have a gallstone (which I knew about) which has increased its size all of .3cm since the last time I'd heard about it - I generally am not scarfing down the grease-bomb burgers that I had been before, and I'm slowly (very slowly) losing weight (yay 302lb as of today at the hospital - that's a 10 lb weight loss in 2 months). But the doc 'advised' me to quit the judo as he says a gall bladder rupture becomes 'much more likely' (that 'much' filled me with a certain sense of impending doom). So, what CAN I take? Does anyone know of a kickboxing class in the san antonio area during the evenings? (and I'm hoping not for a 'cardio kick' club).

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 3:04am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what about doing something with that stone? can't they treat it (wave blast it)? Any who, good luck with the kickboxing thing, and the diet..Oh and why not Boxing?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 3:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem with the stone is not the stone, it's with my HMO, they're a bunch of putzes and won't pay for it to get taken out unless, basically, I'm dying from a rupture, so they say. Nothing specific against boxing, it's cool, but it always seemed very... intense... fitness wise, I just didn't think I'd be able to hang with the training, to be perfectly honest.
    miserably, the only kickboxing (that isn't Muay Thai) is 'cardio kickboxing', so, I think I'll look into MT for a gander.
    Of course, I just came to the realization that if WB is intense, the MT must be as if not more intense.
    I'll just sweep myself under that rug over there---->
    heh.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 4:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Nothing specific against boxing, it's cool, but it always seemed very... intense... fitness wise, I just didn't think I'd be able to hang with the training, to be perfectly honest.
    Just go along and do what you can do. No one will mind if you have to pace yourself. Make sure you check with your doctor that you won't be putting yourself in any danger.

Is there literally no way you can get treatment? Not even drugs if you can't get the surgery?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 4:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    Is there literally no way you can get treatment? Not even drugs if you can't get the surgery?
    Not with this Spaztarded HMO we're 'graciously allowed' to sign up for. We *did* have Humana, which was awesome, now its this crappy set that doesn't want to treat the stone at all (regardless of the amount of pain that I may or may not be suffering because of it) unless it's (direct quote) "Life endangering". Gotta love our US healthcare options:PFFFTCCHCHCHHFFFTTT

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 5:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know this is a clichéd thing for a Brit to think, but that's fucking shocking.

Will Obamacare help at all? It specifies minimum standards for insurance, right?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 5:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, it won't. Standards for Insurers, assuredly, but none that are worthwhile for actual HEALTHCARE.

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 5:43am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well **** me, i always thought the us is fucking heaven...i guess it is if you are rich and healthy.
    You can go to Canada and hospitalize yourself there with "pain" they can check and see it is a stone and take it the **** out! it is not brain surgery.
    By the way, if you want to get fit enough for some striking or in general, why snubbing aerobic kickboxing? It's one hell of a workout! will work all the muscles you need for the real thing, with less pressure of performance (you can hang in the back). Especially if the trainer comes from a kickboxing background, its basically glorious shadow boxing/kickboxing with added fitness stuff that comes from sports MA. You are going to burn a lot of calories, and after a month or two there, you can go and do the real thing. (Also, there is usually a nice view...if you know what i mean..wink wink.).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 7:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not snubbing kickboxing per se, just that I know that it has extremely limited application, I did schedule an introduction to a class at the Kick Box in San Antonio, so I guess I'll see how it goes.
    re: Obamacare; without getting into the political thing (about which I am woefully and vastly ignorant), Obamacare seems to be a dogbone for those of us here in the states who would support national healthcare, without actually BEING national healthcare - it's more or less (as it was explained to me at a seminar we had about it at work) a 'you will purchase insurance or suffer a penalty! That penalty is... a SHRUBBERY!' or something bitly similar.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 8:01am

Style: Youtube-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where in San Antonio are you?

If your looking for a cheap alternative to healthcare maybe consider going to Mexico.
    Tapatalk
    Last edited by The_Beak; 8/07/2012 8:04am at .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast