Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    8/11/2012 3:40pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    I don't know if weed makes your throws more powerful, but we need to take stand against this nonetheless. I heard that stuff makes nice white girls dance to jazz music.
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 9:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The National Association for Prevention of Cruelty to Potato Chips has done countless studies that have well documented the proven dangers of smoking pot.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 9:13am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    OK, good, we now know that those words weren't just an "emotional response" and that you really meant them. people can make their own decisions about them, in my book, you're a douchebag and a pompous asshole (but i knew that already)
    ...Like I knew from the start that some nuthugger would bitch until people gave his USJA pal a free pass, whiny douchebag.

i already told you that there are too many variables involved to make a prediction of how long THC would be detected in someone's body. i wasn't arguing about this with you because it's unknown and unprovable, you're the one that kept harping on it, all i was asking about was those words you used about nick.
    You live in a fantasy world. Consult a doctor, pharmacist, or your district's counternarcotics officer to explain the topic to you.

again, you called him nasty things that i felt were unwarranted, especially coming from you. you sort of apologized (but not really) and then tried to switch the discussion, but in the end i stuck to my guns to see if you would stand by your words. you did, and now i can drop it, knowing that you a little bitch.
    You would do better meditating about why a successful young athlete could be so royally stupid as to get suspended over THC, than to fight with random people on the internet. I am not self-righteous. You are just wrong.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 9:18am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, I'd much rather read about how the issue with Nick and THC evolves than witness circle-e-fights.

You guys made your points clear, if there's any more energy connected to this very thread, all of you should work it off in a gym.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 9:41am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    You would do better meditating about why a successful young athlete could be so royally stupid as to get suspended over THC, than to fight with random people on the internet. I am not self-righteous. You are just wrong.
    You are ironically self righteous actually.

What's funny is that Ming has said he thinks it's possible Delpopolo did unknowingly ingest marijuana. That's not actually the same thing as saying that Delpopolo was absolutely unaware of the drug when eating it. He's arguing for the possibility of Delpopolo's innocence.

You however have made up your mind that the Judoka is guilty beyond a doubt.

So that makes you self-righteous and judgmental.

I know that it's highly likely that you will mistakenly think I'm defending Delpopolo, but I am not. I'm commenting on your opinion on the matter.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 10:08am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonuzaba View Post
    OK, I'd much rather read about how the issue with Nick and THC evolves than witness circle-e-fights.

You guys made your points clear, if there's any more energy connected to this very thread, all of you should work it off in a gym.
    You know where you are, right? Bullshido, a website filled with highly argumentative people.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 10:54am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    You know where you are, right? Bullshido, a website filled with highly argumentative people.
    Is NOT.

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 11:03am

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
    is not.
    lolz i was gonna say that
    wing chun for the olympics is what the world needs!!!1!

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 11:08am

supporting member
     Style: mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
    Is NOT.
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 6:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's not actually the same thing as saying that Delpopolo was absolutely unaware of the drug when eating it.
    So, he could have been only "partially aware"!? :friends:

You however have made up your mind that the Judoka is guilty beyond a doubt.
    Well, actually I wrote pretty early in the thread that I think it's "not impossible, but highly improbable". - "Overeem-got-this-big-through-horse-meat-improbable, for all I know". Just for the record.

No offense, but why is it that when some bully's holy cow is brought to the slaughterhouse, all the posts here suddenly sound like Bill Clinton arguing about the meaning of the word "is"?

I personally would truly be interested in some aspects of the matter other than angry rebuttals whether one can hate on an athlete that gets caught over marihuana consumption. - I also wrote this earlier in this thread: If Mr Delpopolo had to confessed his personal responsibility for the matter, what consequences would that have had for him?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789