218282 Bullies, 8766 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 90
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Ming Loyalist is offline
    Ming Loyalist's Avatar

    solves problems with violence

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,236

    Points
    8,334
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    8/09/2012 8:05am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Really? On Bullshido, of all places?

    If he, say, had been found guilty of stealing a car, or, say, molesting a woman, would you say the same thing? "He is good at his sport and we personally like him"?
    not exactly. i don't think he's above criticism in this case, he fucked up, and is facing some extreme consequences for all this, and we don't know the full extent of them yet, as USA Judo has not made a decision.

    also he didn't steal a car, or molest a woman, but nice strawman, try again.

    *personally* i took exception to these words of yours, and this is why i said you shouldn't disrespect him (bold added by me)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    How can this fuckup of an athlete...

    For this asshole Delapolla...

    ...What a fucking loser.
    That's really over the top, especially since we don't know if his explanation is true or not. Those are the kind of things that can get you punched in the face if you say them in front of the wrong person.

    You could have said that you don't believe him and that you think he was partying, that would be OK, believe what you want. you didn't need to use those words. a guy who has fought to the top of his division and gone to the olympics a "loser"? really? what does that make you? what's your national rank in judo? what's your national rank in *anything*?

    you also claimed that *every* athlete who has tested positive has had an excuse, then you listed a bunch who were caught with performance enhancing drugs. care to find a list of the excuses given by athletes who tested positive for THC?

    i would say that the main reason that people believe nick is that it makes no sense for him to have been using weed. as i said before, he was randomly tested all the time and would have been caught before, so his explanation is the only one that makes sense. is that so difficult for you to understand?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
  2. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first Group1 year registered10000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

    Posted On:
    8/09/2012 10:07am

    supporting member
     

    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sigh... Come on, man.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    USA Judo has not made a decision.
    But we have, apparently. I say, he is most probably guilty. You insist, he is not. Based on what, exactly?

    *personally* i took exception to these words of yours, and this is why i said you shouldn't disrespect him (bold added by me)
    Yeah, those words were an emotional reaction. I bet as emotional as your first reaction to the matter.

    Those are the kind of things that can get you punched in the face if you say them in front of the wrong person.
    Senseless posturing. Next time you are in Europe, come over, and I'll buy you a beer. If you then still want, we can have a deadly duel over some random suspended judo player.

    what's your national rank in judo?
    ...Aaaand that would be Bullshidoka argument number *what*?

    care to find a list of the excuses given by athletes who tested positive for THC?
    That gave me an idea. You know what? - I'll write WADA. I am interested in this. And Google is not always the most reliable source. - What is WADA's position on THC, exactly?

    as i said before, he was randomly tested all the time and would have been caught before, so his explanation is the only one that makes sense.
    You are right. It doesn't make sense, at all.
    Still, there's this situation.
    That's why I asked whether Mr Delpopolo's statement will have any legal consequences. Because then, his statement will be put under tougher scrutiny than by me during my coffee break.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 8/09/2012 10:17am at .
  3. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,365

    Points
    16,727
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Champion

    Posted On:
    8/09/2012 11:15am

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    8
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just think its kind of annoying to say that if you were him you'd be on the straight and narrow and wouldn't let anything stand in your way of being an Olympic judoka, when you're on Bullshido complaining about being out of shape and playing video games.
  4. Ming Loyalist is offline
    Ming Loyalist's Avatar

    solves problems with violence

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,236

    Points
    8,334
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    8/09/2012 11:50am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    Sigh... Come on, man.
    really? you don't see why i think you're a douchebag calling the man a loser and a fuckup?

    Yeah, those words were an emotional reaction. I bet as emotional as your first reaction to the matter.
    OK, now that the emotion has passed, do you stand by those words? or do you think they might have been made in haste and maybe you want to change your tune?

    you think he made a mistake and of course he did, but is he a "loser" and a "**** up"?

    ...Aaaand that would be Bullshidoka argument number *what*?
    that would not be a bullshidoka argument in this case, because he isn't accused of bullshido. *you* called him a loser and a **** up. i want to know how *you* judge such things.

    he's a national champion and made it to the olympics based on competition wins on the world circuit. if you think that's a loser, i want to hear what a winner you are, cause you must be a serious winner to talk like that.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
  5. TEA is offline
    TEA's Avatar

    Now iz BBQ Timez?

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    BFNTX
    Posts
    2,760

    Points
    5,982
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    8/09/2012 1:01pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    If he, say, had been found guilty of stealing a car, or, say, molesting a woman, would you say the same thing? "He is good at his sport and we personally like him"?
    You are equating molestation and grand larceny with using marijuana? Really? How fucking dumb are you?

    First, equating a petty misdemeanor (in some countries using marijuana isn't even a crime, but in most states in the U.S. it is a petty misdemeanor) with serious felonies is, as Ming Loyalist pointed out, a strawman argument of epic proportions.

    Second, as I stated earlier, I have met and trained with Nick and he did not strike me as the type of person who would casually use drugs even if he didn't have the Olympics on the line. After a lifetime of hanging around with people who do smoke pot as well as people who don't, I think I have some experience with regards to this. In addition, people I train with on a regular basis have known Nick since he first started in Judo and are absolutely sure that there is no way he would knowingly ingest marijuana.

    However, if for some reason you're assumption that Nick knowingly jeapordized his Olympic standings so that he could cop a buzz, do you think he really should be tarred and feathered and ridden out of town on a rail? Really?

    With all of the apologists on Bullshido for athletes who take performance enhancing drugs, you are surprised at the lack of outrage for an athlete who tested positive for a drug that not only does not enhance performance but is more likely to inhibit performance?
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

    Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.
  6. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first Group1 year registered10000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

    Posted On:
    8/10/2012 7:31am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YAY! This got big overnight.

    My Russian neighbor has three papers hanging on his balcony window. 1) Free, 2) *****, 3) Riot. Imagine which was blown away by the wind.

    :friends:

    Megapost quotewar ON:

    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I just think its kind of annoying to say that if you were him you'd be on the straight and narrow and wouldn't let anything stand in your way of being an Olympic judoka, when you're on Bullshido complaining about being out of shape and playing video games.
    That's not funny, actually. So, I have to be a fighter to criticize a fighter?! Then you'd better be a president next time you complain about Mr Obama!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    really? you don't see why i think you're a douchebag calling the man a loser and a fuckup?
    If this really, really, REALLY offended you on a personal level, of course I apologize, and I would assume that you would know that this was not my intention. - However, what would you call the kid if, at the end of the investigation, it came out that, oh how improbable, he intentionally took the stuff?

    he's a national champion and made it to the olympics based on competition wins on the world circuit. if you think that's a loser, i want to hear what a winner you are, cause you must be a serious winner to talk like that.
    Well, I have never jeopardized my professional career by failing a drug test, out of whatever reason. That makes me better than him, right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by TEA View Post
    However, if for some reason you're assumption that Nick knowingly jeapordized his Olympic standings so that he could cop a buzz, do you think he really should be tarred and feathered and ridden out of town on a rail? Really?
    If you, TEA, are willing to vouch for that kid personally, then I'll take your word for it. Are you, really?

    And on the broader question, HELL YEAH, I do. I think it's about responsibility, and about honoring the sacrifice others have made as well - apart from the kid's family andwhatnot, I would also be thinking about the others that could have gone in his place, and done a better job. Frankly, if the kid was so stupid as to intentionally intoxicate himself with a substance he must have known was on the ban list, exclude him from any athletic competition for life.
  7. Ming Loyalist is offline
    Ming Loyalist's Avatar

    solves problems with violence

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,236

    Points
    8,334
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    8/10/2012 7:54am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    If this really, really, REALLY offended you on a personal level, of course I apologize, and I would assume that you would know that this was not my intention. - However, what would you call the kid if, at the end of the investigation, it came out that, oh how improbable, he intentionally took the stuff?
    the fact that it offended me should have nothing to do with you apologizing for using those words.

    what would i call him in that unlikely case? "not careful enough", because i also don't think THC should be on the banned list, so i wouldn't demonize someone for using it, just getting caught and the consequences that being caught brings.

    Well, I have never jeopardized my professional career by failing a drug test, out of whatever reason. That makes me better than him, right now.
    not in my book. sorry, but i still look up to him as a dedicated athlete who has excelled in his sport. you're an otaku who has low level skills, and from what i have read poor training habits. why should i think you're better than him? because you have managed to not fail a drug test? not having failed a drug test is a pretty large group and doesn't make you special.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
  8. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first Group1 year registered10000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

    Posted On:
    8/10/2012 11:11am

    supporting member
     

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, by Hextor, let's get this over with.

    I am not disrespecting you, judo, pro athletes, or whatever. You seem to work very hard on fabricating that notion, but it's not true.

    I am calling bullshit on the notion that a normal athlete conserves the THC-COOH contained in average hash cookies for longer than two or three days.

    Prove me wrong.



    And as to the rest, spare me that "only USJA moms give birth to real men" crap. If you indeed need a nerdy, fat, overworked, and, while we're on it, right now distinctively underfucked hobbyist like me to tell you that it is in your best interest that the next guy you send to the Olympics doesn't see it fit to begin tournament day with a glass of milk and a bowl of Bengal brownies, your moral compass has lead you to into the depths of evil Mordor, ma fwen.

    The normal, serious version of the last paragraph being: Take it easy. The kid looks as guilty as Judah Macabeeh (the Biblical character, not the forum member), but I still think YOU are a great guy.
  9. slamdunc is online now
    slamdunc's Avatar

    Extraordinarily Ordinary

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,049

    Points
    4,032
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    8/10/2012 11:33am

    supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i also don't think THC should be on the banned list, so i wouldn't demonize someone for using it
    Although I have no personal point of reference, having never used cannabis, I would have to agree that it shouldn't be on the banned drug list.

    Only from personal observations, THC is something that turns most people into giggly slobber-tards that want to eat everything in sight. If anything, it would give their opponent an advantage, and in no way enhance any aspect of their performance. I do not intend to offend or defame any pot smokers on the board, but it is what it is.

  10. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,365

    Points
    16,727
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Champion

    Posted On:
    8/10/2012 11:41am

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    That's not funny, actually. So, I have to be a fighter to criticize a fighter?! Then you'd better be a president next time you complain about Mr Obama!
    You kinda do when you say that you would have been a better Olympic judoka than an Olympic Judoka:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Antagonist
    It might be just me, but if some bronco came to me, and told me:

    "I can bring you to fight at the oldest tournament in the world, in front of billions of people. There is just one condition: You got to work hard, and you got to stay away from illegal substances."

    I would THE **** get my **** together.

    How can this fuckup of an athlete disrespect himself so much?
    When, well, aren't a lot of your posts are about living the college life of gaming, studying, and sometimes working out?

    We can all imagine that if our lives were just a little different, we would be a total badass. We'd kick all kinds of ass and all the ladies would love our six pack abs and tickets to the gun show, if it weren't for X and Y reasons (and Z of course...fuckin Z...). I work at a desk, for example, but if I didn't, I'd be the Greco Roman Olympic champion!

    But this is Bullshido. We're supposed to be against self-gratifying what-if scenarios round here.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.