Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 4:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    You could really stand to shove a pot brownie up your pie hole before piping off about the expereince. Seriously.
    You don't know that he hasn't. "Some people" might very well be a euphemism for "ME". In any event, jnp's point was that you shouldn't extrapolate YOUR experiences to others. He's undeniably right about that.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 10:12am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It might be just me, but if some bronco came to me, and told me:

"I can bring you to fight at the oldest tournament in the world, in front of billions of people. There is just one condition: You got to work hard, and you got to stay away from illegal substances."

I would THE **** get my **** together.

How can this fuckup of an athlete disrespect himself so much?

Marihuana is a recreational drug. As is beer.
    If somebody told you "don't drink beer for a year, and then you can fight at the Olympics", what would you do?

For this asshole Delapolla, beer is more important than what presumably is his dream of a lifetime. What a fucking loser.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 10:48am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonist View Post
    It might be just me, but if some bronco came to me, and told me:

"I can bring you to fight at the oldest tournament in the world, in front of billions of people. There is just one condition: You got to work hard, and you got to stay away from illegal substances."

I would THE **** get my **** together.

How can this fuckup of an athlete disrespect himself so much?

Marihuana is a recreational drug. As is beer.
    If somebody told you "don't drink beer for a year, and then you can fight at the Olympics", what would you do?

For this asshole Delapolla, beer is more important than what presumably is his dream of a lifetime. What a fucking loser.
    did you read the explanation he posted? he ate a brownie that an (idiotic) family member had around. that was 100% out of his control. talk **** about the family member who fucked him over, but don't disrespect someone who has put 1000% more into his martial arts training than you ever have.

he's not an idiot and not a loser, he's a great guy and a fantastic judoka. you really ought to watch what you say about people you don't know.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 11:04am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This will teach him to not party with the Dutch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 11:59am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Geee,

I am really getting old - I am balancing between "WTF is a problem with a weed cookie eaten before the Olympics even started" and "I am an athlete at the Olympics, I won't f*ck up on a minor issue"...

Either way, this should not be a stone on his neck besides these games, it's not like he used a lab-grown special chemical to gain an upperhand on his opponents, like many do, in other grappling sports...

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 12:37pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    you really ought to watch what you say about people you don't know.
    Nothing personal, Ming.
    Every single doping offender in doping history has had some heart-breaking story about how this was absolutely not his or her fault. From accidental food-poisoning to poisoned toothpaste.

Now, IANAL and IANAD, but THC-COOH, which is what is usually measured, allegedly gets conserved in fat cells. An average blood test can detect THC for about 90 days, an average urine test can detect THC for about 30 days.

Those numbers are super-maxed out, in the sense the duration of the detectability sinks exponentially, depending on your metabolism. Meaning, if you work out, even a little, low doses of THC are nearly untrackable, as long as you don't consume regularly.
    That's why you see a lot of potheads jog or go to the sauna the week before they apply for a job where they are tested. The effects of an average joint, you can literally walk them off in a day.

Now, that an Olympic athelete, supposedly somebody who works out like a Greek god, has a very low body fat percentage, and supposedly even dehydrates and consciously cuts weight, would even show traces of a supposedly low-dosage and one-time consumption, weeks after the alleged incident?

Not impossible, but highly improbable. Overeem-got-this-big-through-horse-meat-improbable, for all I know.

That's not a statement about THC use in general; it's a statement about the quality of the kid's excuse.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 8/07/2012 12:43pm at .

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 1:03pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    You know how here on this website the general vibe is, real world experience trumps theory....

You could really stand to shove a pot brownie up your pie hole before piping off about the expereince. Seriously.
    Wow, you completely missed my point. I was a pot head for years big guy. I ate quite a few brownies in my time. By the way, if you saute the pot in butter before you add it to the brownie mix, the pot taste is significantly reduced.

Once again, you are externalizing your experience onto others.

I also have a friend with no sense of taste or texture. We once fed him a sandwich that was mostly grass (the kind that grows in your yard, not the illegal kind) and he ate it without complaining. Turns out, eating more than a little grass makes most people throw up. Not our best practical joke.

When I read your previous comment, I immediately thought of him.

Quote Originally Posted by dougguod View Post
    You don't know that he hasn't. "Some people" might very well be a euphemism for "ME". In any event, jnp's point was that you shouldn't extrapolate YOUR experiences to others. He's undeniably right about that.
    This guy gets it.
    Shut the hell up and train.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 1:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An average blood test can detect THC for about 90 days, an average urine test can detect THC for about 30 days.
    that varies a lot, both the tests and the results on different individuals. it is very hard if not impossible to set a time that someone will pass a urine test after smoking or eating THC.

Those numbers are super-maxed out, in the sense the duration of the detectability sinks exponentially, depending on your metabolism. Meaning, if you work out, even a little, low doses of THC are nearly untrackable, as long as you don't consume regularly.
    That's why you see a lot of potheads jog or go to the sauna the week before they apply for a job where they are tested. The effects of an average joint, you can literally walk them off in a day.
    where did you get this info from? i don't know of any potheads who thought they could sauna their way out of a drug test in a week. i do know extremely athletic people with low body fat, who did have to pass urine tests and despite all those factors it took a long time for them to piss clean. and that was with the tests you can get in stores, the olympic tests are more stringent for sure.

Now, that an Olympic athelete, supposedly somebody who works out like a Greek god, has a very low body fat percentage, and supposedly even dehydrates and consciously cuts weight, would even show traces of a supposedly low-dosage and one-time consumption, weeks after the alleged incident?
    he said it happened shortly before he left for the games, so we're talking a week, *maybe* 10 days. 10 days is usually not enough time to pass a drug test for THC if you have had any in your system.

Not impossible, but highly improbable. Overeem-got-this-big-through-horse-meat-improbable, for all I know.

That's not a statement about THC use in general; it's a statement about the quality of the kid's excuse.
    so you think it's more likely that the guy smokes weed? the athletes on the US team are subject to random drug tests throughout the year. i know this because my coach has been a member of the team for quite a while (missed going to the olympics by a very narrow margin.) the chances of a regular or even occasional pot user passing *random* drug tests for 4 years is next to zero, he just wouldn't have time to clean out.

something like steroids can be managed more easily as they wash out of the system quite quickly, so i am less likely to believe someone like overeem in a case like this. nick diaz is OPEN about being a smoker, and is only subject to the tests before a fight, so when he failed a test it was because he screwed up his clean-out schedule.

it literally makes no sense for someone like delpoppolo to be smoking. it would be a recipe for getting caught and he would have been caught a long time ago. his explanation is the only one that makes any sense to me, and in this case, i believe him, because it was *weed*. if it was steroids, then i would think he screwed up his cycle or something, but weed? it makes no sense.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 3:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    where did you get this info from?
    Don't laugh, I got this from school. In Germany, where I graduated high school, then there was still drafting. So, our chemistry teacher gave us a rather embarassing, but pretty practical briefing. I have been in touch with the topic over the years now and again, and never heard anything fundamentally different.

he said it happened shortly before he left for the games, so we're talking a week, *maybe* 10 days. 10 days is usually not enough time to pass a drug test for THC if you have had any in your system.
    Again, IANAD. :) Still, if your son or little brother came up with a story like that, would you believe him?

so you think it's more likely that the guy smokes weed?
    I think, for a 23-year-old, it's not out of the question to make a mistake. Or, quite a few.

it literally makes no sense for someone like delpoppolo to be smoking. it would be a recipe for getting caught and he would have been caught a long time ago. his explanation is the only one that makes any sense to me, and in this case, i believe him, because it was *weed*. if it was steroids, then i would think he screwed up his cycle or something, but weed? it makes no sense.
    I totally agree. I just think stupidity is something never to be ruled out. Michael Phelps got busted for crap like this, after all. He had way more to lose than Delpopolo, and yet he did it.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 3:59pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I totally agree. I just think stupidity is something never to be ruled out. Michael Phelps got busted for crap like this, after all. He had way more to lose than Delpopolo, and yet he did it.
    If I remember this right, Phelps was filmed partying it up a couple of weeks after the Olympics. I wasn't there, so I don't know, but it would appear that he was clean during his events.

It isn't relevant, but where did Delpopolo place in his event? I know he didn't medal in it, so it wasn't the performance enhancing drug issue.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast