Posted On:
    8/06/2012 3:15pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Edibles huh? Maybe his rivals at work!
    Something like this is always possible, but it is distressing to think that someone would use such shitty tactics to eliminate their competition. If this happened, they have no honor and no business at the Olympics.

Maybe I'm just to naive.

Last edited by slamdunc; 8/06/2012 3:27pm at .

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    8/06/2012 3:26pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At any rate, I hate it that this gives the US Olympic Team another black eye.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2012 4:03pm

Style: TKD, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Man in 7th place not on performance enhancing drugs."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2012 5:48pm

Style: Muay Thai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't smoke but ate a pot brownie at a party one time. I knew something was wrong with it because it just tasted kind of... I don't know... grassy. But I'd never had anything baked with marijuana and I was pretty drunk so I didn't figure it out until a couple of bites in.

Don't recall feeling any ill effects but like I said I was really drunk, the room might have been spinning a little more than usual but at that point who the hell can tell.

Anyway, just going by my own experience I'm not really sure I buy the excuse that he didn't know what was in it. Like I said, even falling down drunk I knew something was off about that god damned brownie.

I also think it is an unfortunate thing for an athlete to get busted for. It's not exactly performance enhancing... unless maybe you're about to enter an eating contest.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/06/2012 6:01pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    I don't smoke but ate a pot brownie at a party one time. I knew something was wrong with it because it just tasted kind of... I don't know... grassy. But I'd never had anything baked with marijuana and I was pretty drunk so I didn't figure it out until a couple of bites in.

Don't recall feeling any ill effects but like I said I was really drunk, the room might have been spinning a little more than usual but at that point who the hell can tell.

Anyway, just going by my own experience I'm not really sure I buy the excuse that he didn't know what was in it. Like I said, even falling down drunk I knew something was off about that god damned brownie.

I also think it is an unfortunate thing for an athlete to get busted for. It's not exactly performance enhancing... unless maybe you're about to enter an eating contest.
    This is a great example of a human taking their personal experiences and applying it to everyone else. Newsflash, some people have very little to no sense of taste. Some people are quite capable of eating something without ever noticing one detail about the food.

I don't really have a dog in this hunt, but I constantly witness one human trying to externalize their own experiences onto the rest of humanity. It's a flawed model. The only person who experiences the world in the exact same manner as you is you.

Shame about Delpopolo though.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Posted On:
    8/06/2012 6:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I don't really have a dog in this hunt, but I constantly witness one human trying to externalize their own experiences onto the rest of humanity. It's a flawed model. The only person who experiences the world in the exact same manner as you is you.
    I have a friend who used to do that all the time to everybody. It was fucking painful.

No, I don't care how little you have slept, I'm tired and I won't go drinking. **** you.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    8/06/2012 6:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the **** is wrong with these people? Marijuana is not a drug. So a man smokes herb, what's the harm in that? No need to investigate a ************ and call in the FBI and NCIS, like where the **** is Mark Harmon at? Plus he only got caught once, where his warning at?

It's not like he was trying to cheat or nothing.

Meanwhile, Florence Griffith-Joiner who was CLEARLY on performance enhancing ****, and Ben Johnson who clearly was doping still have their world records standing.

Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    This is a great example of a human taking their personal experiences and applying it to everyone else. Newsflash, some people have very little to no sense of taste. Some people are quite capable of eating something without ever noticing one detail about the food.

You know I said the same **** 3 times last week on this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    8/06/2012 6:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: comparison shopping

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Ben Johnson who clearly was doping still have [sic]their world records standing.
    Lol wrong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Johnson_%28sprinter%29

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    8/06/2012 6:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOL. I actually meant to say Michael Johnson, but I got mixed up. Clearly I don't know the Johnsons as well as you do (LOLOLOL).

Yes, I know there was no evidence that Johnson was doping, but that ************ was on something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    8/06/2012 7:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    It can, indeed, happen, but if some rotten bastard spiked his **** as some kind of cruel joke, he needs to watch his six. Not hanging out with some shitheads that would screw his future up, would be my recommendation.
    This comes down to the company you keep. Situational awareness. Cliche as that **** sounds, know where you are, who is around you, and what they are about at all times.

A person doesn't just become a world-class athlete by accident. You work, train, focus and sacrifice your family and social life to some degree. You also are mindful that anything that you put into your body either helps or harms it. If you are living in the Olympic Village, who is doing the baking?
    I've met some Olympians, it's easy to forget that many of them are still just kids.
    Many have led VERY structured and sheltered lives, and are more akin to cloistered kids at their freshman year at college, without chaperons for the first time.
    Just because someone has elite athletic prowess doesn't mean they have a lick of common sense or any street smarts whatsoever; in fact i think it makes it somewhat less likely that they might posses those skills.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast