221298 Bullies, 4141 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 12:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clearly the Olympics is not a competition to see who can motherfucking win the most medals and ****, which is perhaps what Devil is attempting to eek out like a resistant nut in his masturbatory posts in the thread.
    Mmm hhh.

Do you judge by the who wins the most motherfucking gold, by who wins the most motherfucking medals? Is 4 bronze medals worth one gold? How much is a silver worth? What about broken world records? Are all sports equal? If I'm a boxer, I can only win 1 medal, but if I'm a swimmer I can compete in up to 8 events (so Cuba is fucked). Does a field hockey team's gold medals count as 1 or 11? So how can you judge who is really winning all things considered? These are all interesting motherfucking questions.
    Right, right.

But unlike The Question, they are motherfucking irrelevant. The Olympics is about motherfuckers from different nations coming together to test their mettle against in each other in any number of fucking sports. It doesn't matter if that **** is badmington, javelin or fucking high speed kyaking. Motherfuckers get emotional, train hard and pour their hearts into that ****. They win, they lose, they celebrate, they cry.
    Yep, got it.

And that **** is always impressive. I feel the pain of Lu Xian when he strikes his first motherfucking hurdle and doesn't even get to prove himself after training hard for 4 years, in expectation. And I celebrate with Usain Bolt and Yohan Blake when they do their victory labs and elaborately ridiculous joy routines. **** is fucking amazing man.
    Okay.

Sure, motherfuckers win medals. But the stories of the Olympics go much farther than that. The moments are motherfucking magic, man. Grenada's 1 medal merited a national holiday in Grenada. That's how much they love that ****.
    Sure.

Because really, as fucking gay as this **** sounds, and it does sound fucking gay, the act of competition is as important as winning.

So **** the medal count, and enjoy that ****.
    Of course.

Long live the Olympics.
    Scoreboard, bro.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 3:47am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since Katie won gold I loves the olympics

But if it's all about taking part and not winning, why have medals at all?

The first modern games were a bunch of toffs dashing, and wacking balls and painting(sersly)

The proles were kept out, apart from gathering up the equipment and raking the sand and bringing gin to the competitors

It was all frightfully good fun

Now its all about sponsers and money

For a while in the 50's it realy did live up to its lofty ideals, but the cold war turned it into just another front in the battle of idiologys. We is better than you 'cause we can run faster

I like your sentiment ?, but I'm just too cynical to feel it

I respect the competitors but feel that they are just chattles, owned by thier respective national commities
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 8:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's pretty easy to armchair critic the atheletes,call them chattle and whatever, but each one of them have the chance to compete on an international level. They have trained countless hours and made many sacrifices for this chance to compete at this level. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Denigrate their efforts if you wish. My choice is to cheer them all for their victories and defeats. This is a good time for all nations to cheer for their own and all the others in the spirit of the games. I guess it's the time for others to inject their political and antisocial horseshit as well. Feel free to waste your time trying to sell your fertilizer, I'm not buying it.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 11:04am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    I respect the competitors but feel that they are just chattles, owned by thier respective national commities
    Dont get me wrong Tom.C, I have nothing but repect for competitors at any level of competition, but olympians are often treated badly by thier national comities

I'm not keen on the politics of the olympics, but do not want to denigrate the competitors and I appologise to them all if that is the way my posts have come off

And I appologise for calling you fat again
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213