Thread: Hi, I am new

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hi, I am new

I have a black belt in RTFA (Running The **** Away), having trained in it my entire life. Actually, the belt is reversible, so it's also brown. I tested for this belt (after a lack of one made my pants fall down while I was using my skills on th3 str33t--a very close call) at JC Penney.

However, I listed "MMA" as my style because I often "mix" in some badass Shaolin moves before utilizing my core art. Many of the Crane techniques in particular flow smoothly into RTFA forms.

Is this the right thread for me to act like an asshole and tell everyone how great I am? Perhaps I should insult some moderators, but I'm not feeling very witty right now. Maybe I'll go read something interesting that someone else has posted.

Oh, and RTFA is far too effective to be used in the ring--that's why those who use it there are disqualified. Also, the ropes (which are not found on th3 st33t) interfere. Oh, and I used to practice our sister art, DTFA, but I am legally forbidden now because of DUIs. Good technique, though.

--P

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Iron View Post

However, I listed "MMA" as my style because I often "mix" in some badass Shaolin moves before utilizing my core art. Many of the Crane techniques in particular flow smoothly into RTFA forms.
    Yes, and you will change it to reflect what you currently train. If you don't want that, leave it blank.

Style
    Hung Gar
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny intro. Do you actually train anything?@

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome I am a huge fan of RTFA, DTFA, DRYFM (Don't Run your Fucking Mouth), all of these things have helped keep me safe from the roaming rape gangs.

Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks--this is a fun place to be.

Actually, I really do train MMA. The BJJ techniques are my favorite, but as I'm not in a true BJJ school and will never have a belt in it, I thought it would be false to list it as a style. Not sure about that, though.

I have absolutely nothing beyond humor to contribute to these forums, and I doubt I'll contribute that very often--I'm here to read what those with actual experience have to say. Thought I should register, though, at least.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Since I quit training in Let My Mouth Write a Check My Ass Can't Cover, I no longer needed to train in RTFA. I look forward to enjoying your comic relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    Aikido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    great intro:) i am to slow to train RTFA so i have to train TPIT(throw people into things) and now during fall MMA. Do you like striking or grappling more?