Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bets are up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2012 7:51am

Style: karate/kickbox

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hate cerrone. guy calls every opponent cocky unless he gets his ass beat like against nate diaz. then he turns into a nice guy

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2012 6:28pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Benson Henderson vs Frankie Edgar
    A Dominant performance last time by Bendo, but can you ever really count out Frankie Edgar? I think we'll see an excellent fight this time around and some classic Frankie Edgar. But I don't know if it'll be enough to topple Bendo, or if he will be crushed by the bigger, more technically diverse fighter.

Donald Cerrone vs Melvin Guillard
    In the stand-up department (IMO) it's anyone's game. Guillard has excellent defense and movement, but Cerrone puts on a good pace and has excellent striking. On the ground however... I don't see this ending well for Guillard. He looked better in his last outing, but there is no weakpoint to Cerrone's game for him to exploit. He stands with him, he's got a fight, he takes him down, he'd better be ready to defend submissions. Rd. 2 Submission by Cerrone.

Jake Shields vs Ed Herman
    I'm not really a Shields fan. However his stand up is supremely underrated, and his ground game is surprisingly not over-rated. Ed Herman is an excellent test for Shields at Middleweight,
    but I see Shields being the more patient and more technically sound fighter, and waiting out the early storm for either a boring decision victory on the feet via continuous 1-2's or (this is more hope than anything) a highly (unlikely) entertaining shields submission victory in Rd 3.

Yushin Okami vs Buddy Roberts
    Buddy is a not-so-exciting prospect, and... man is it just me or has Okami really fallen out of the grace of Joe Silva? This guy had one uninteresting UFC fight and an unremarkable record previous and he's going after someone who not too long ago fought for the title? I'm not gonna give a prediction as to how, but I don't see this going well for Buddy.

Justin Lawrence vs Max Holloway
    I watched both of these guys on the Ultimate fighter and Justin has got some serious talent. He's been training out of Black House as well. On paper the one thing Justin has over Max is momentum. Max's strikes per minute are much higher than Justin's, showing he likes to be aggressive and turn it into a war. Max has a slight edge in terms of defending strikes by percentage, however he takes more strikes per minute than Justin. In terms of grappling, neither shine out as being amazing yet in the submission game, however Max has excellent defensive wrestling and Justin has shown some nice ground and pound and submission defense on TUF, as well as training out of Black House, I'm sure his Jiu-jitsu has improved significantly since his last showing.

After weathering an early storm, I see Justin picking his man apart en route to a UD or perhaps finishing it earlier with some of that effective power he's shown in the past.
    On the other hand, if Max can pressure Justin inside the first frame, then he might be able to break his man's undefeated streak and put a nice feather in his cap.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2012 8:49am

Style: Traditional Mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking forward to this as proof Ben Henderson took the fight and did not steal a decision against Frankie Edgar. The rest of the card doesn't do anything for me.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 9:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 4:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaankeeeeeeeeeee

Posted On:
    8/10/2012 2:43am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Also known as the rematch Edgar doesn't actually deserve. Henderson beat him clean the first time and will probably do it again this time. And he'd damn well better, because the LW division as a whole is probably just going to up and quit if Edgar wins a tight decision and Henderson gets a rematch. Don't get me wrong, I like him and he's probably pound for pound the toughest guy in the UFC. But come on, 6 fights, 3 opponents? I'm tired of seeing rematches, especially where they aren't needed. Henderson takes a decision, because I think there's a clause in the rules that states Edgar isn't actually allowed to be finished.

Going with Cerrone in this one. His striking is great and his ground game is lightyears better than Guillard's. As for Guillard, I wasn't impressed with his last fight. Hanging back and out-jabbing a BJJ black belt isn't exactly the kind of "focused aggression" he likes to make noise about, and he still had to be saved by the bell from the leglock Camoes was working on in the last round. If he doesn't get the ground game after fighting professionally for ten years, he's never going to. Cerrone will bait him into doing something stupid(a Herculean task), knock him down, and sub him.

Posted On:
    8/10/2012 12:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, I'll go with Edgar. He's just about the toughest ************ who ever motherfucked and I could see him fighting his little heart out to take back the title by decision in a very impressive display of Rockyism.

I hope that somebody gets subbed or TKO'd though, for the reasons already stated by Sigma above.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2012 8:13am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jake Shields vs Ed Herman
    Justin Lawrence vs Max Holloway
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast