Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2012 2:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judoka_UK
    Wow, thanks!
    You just completely exploded my brain, but (hopefully) in a good way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2012 4:44pm

Style: Judo, jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been doing judo for about three and a half years and I'm a nikyu. (A lot of that time I've only been able to go once a week. Family and life and all that.) Some nights I feel like I have a clue and some nights I have three left feet. Note--having a clue doesn't necessarily equate to feeling competent. Half the time it just means I know what I'm doing wrong.

That said, it's an awesome journey. There's no feeling quite like seeing somebody's feet fly by your face and realizing "hey--I DID THAT!!!" and then wondering "how on earth DID I do that?" ;-)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2012 10:17am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    3 years in and have my brown belt (1st kyu). Pretty much still working on what judoka_uk said but now as well as my 2 major throw and 2 ashiwaza I have added combination techniques for when the major techniques go wrong.

Its a step by step process.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2012 1:11am

Style: Liu Seong Kuntao Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It took me a couple months to feel confident that I had the basic concept of beginner waza. I picked up Goshi/Ogoshi, Osotogari rather easily but Ippon Seoinage took a long while. I was also young and frail when I started training so it took a while to get my body conditioned.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2012 5:12pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been in it for 2.5 years and I started to feel comfortable after year 1. Although I am back to being slightly uncomfortable since I cut my hand badly and have lost most of the range of motion in my ring and pinky finger of my right hand. Although its kind of fun and a little frustrating having to completly retool my game. It has made me rethink how I do judo and made me start to really practice throws I did not have much intrest in before.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12