--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

First time boxing

In my country the only martial arts you find are judo, boxing, and karate. I tried my hand at boxing and I lied it. Though I am not at all ready to spar after going for only two days. Since I am doing boxing I researched over the internet on the techniqes. I came across something called "kick boxing". Now I also came across something called "Jeet Kune Do". In Jeet kune do, I read. there are 4 ranges of fighting. Grappling, Trapping, Punching, kicking. Can someone explain to me these ranges of fighting? At what ranges are kicking possible? Are there risks of kicking at certain ranges?I am a newbie in martial arts and I would really like the help of my better's.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tahsin02 View Post
    In my country the only martial arts you find are judo, boxing, and karate. I tried my hand at boxing and I lied it. Though I am not at all ready to spar after going for only two days. Since I am doing boxing I researched over the internet on the techniqes. I came across something called "kick boxing". Now I also came across something called "Jeet Kune Do". In Jeet kune do, I read. there are 4 ranges of fighting. Grappling, Trapping, Punching, kicking. Can someone explain to me these ranges of fighting? At what ranges are kicking possible? Are there risks of kicking at certain ranges?I am a newbie in martial arts and I would really like the help of my better's.
    Go post Newbietown before it gets ugly.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ill post this in newbie town then. But how do I delete this original post or move it?

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tahsin02 View Post
    Ill post this in newbie town then. But how do I delete this original post or move it?
    Don't repost. Mods will move this thread for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Lift a lot of weights and sexually assault anyone who tries step to you. Flip the script. Watch that fight turn to flight when you go for penetration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Just for future reference dude..... when you are doing it right you don't soil your under-roos when you nail chicks.