Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/08/2012 8:04pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    This raises an interesting point. How does one train barenkucklee while not fucking your hands to ****? Can you simply use gloves? I imagine that would **** with the dynamic and fly in the face of that motherfucking "train like you fight" ****.
    They go light ?
    They must also do some form of conditioning obiously
    This seem to be good ideas
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/41...nuckle-boxing/

I think they also copy some of the old-timey ideas
    Last edited by RurikGreenwulf; 8/08/2012 8:18pm at .

Posted On:
    8/08/2012 8:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This raises an interesting point. How does one train barenkucklee while not fucking your hands to ****? Can you simply use gloves? I imagine that would **** with the dynamic and fly in the face of that motherfucking "train like you fight" ****.
    Excersize control.

How else do you think they can go a few round hitting each other in the face without breaking a metacarpal or eight?

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    8/08/2012 8:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Excersize control.

How else do you think they can go a few round hitting each other in the face without breaking a metacarpal or eight?
    So is light how you are going to go in the fight? Remember you still have to knock a ************ out. And you probably shouldn't be doing too much different in the fight than you in training.

As an aside, I fractured my 5th metacarpal in a gloves boxing match. **** fucked with me, mayne. Do you know what it's like to only masturbate with 3 active fingers, or to masturbate with your none dominant hand, for like 3 weeks? It's not as good man, it's just not as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    8/08/2012 9:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As an aside, I fractured my 5th metacarpal in a gloves boxing match. **** fucked with me, mayne. Do you know what it's like to only masturbate with 3 active fingers, or to masturbate with your none dominant hand, for like 3 weeks? It's not as good man, it's just not as good.
    Actually, YES! Fellow 5th metacarpal fracture victim right here! What are the chances? (Pretty good actually if the ER nurses comments were any indication...)

The worst was trying to get it on with my lady in a stinky four week old cast.

I think you're right about the hitting lightly. Or at least being VERY accurate with where you place the full power punches. Controled power, controled targets. The stakes are your fists if you fail.

If you watch the video the fight ends really fast with what looks like a shot to where the jawbone meets the ear on the Black Guy. They play tippy tappy for a long time and then BAM, sugical strike and the challenger can barely stand up.

Maybe more unforgiving in terms of target and power, but definitely not as interesting to watch either, what with these guys trying their hardest not to hurt themselves while punching.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    8/08/2012 10:25pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Accuracy is always better than power.

Posted On:
    8/08/2012 10:30pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So is light how you are going to go in the fight? Remember you still have to knock a ************ out. And you probably shouldn't be doing too much different in the fight than you in training.

Being ambidextrous FTW?
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2012 10:38pm

Style: Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Maybe more unforgiving in terms of target and power, but definitely not as interesting to watch either, what with these guys trying their hardest not to hurt themselves while punching.
    So Bareknuckle is the BJJ of the striking world. Technique and timing techniques and timing.

Being ambidextrous FTW?
    Switch-hitters of the world unite!

Posted On:
    8/09/2012 12:43am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    8/09/2012 1:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you know what it's like to only masturbate with 3 active fingers...?
    I know that it's two more than you need.

Anyway, punching without any kind of performance-enhancing devices simply demands drilling more accurate pre-impact vectors for both unprotected hands and unsupported wrists.

As for any kind of "pain", that's just a matter of conditioning. Instead of the usual TMA crap preferred by some, I'm happy starting at the top of several flights of uncarpeted stairs, and doing hopping knuckle-pushups, one for each stair, all the way down to the bottom non-stop. For added fun, a loaded backpack can be worn, and you can also go with one-handers, several on each side then switch to the other fist, or alternating fists. Making this effective means not cheating: make sure your chin and chest make contact with the stairs with every pushup.

For those who like the TMA crap, anything (and any combination) that can be done with a heavy bag can be done with a tree of the right girth and height, once your hands are conditioned. Trees have just enough "give" that a properly-conditioned hand, thrown by a properly-trained individual, won't get fucked up, skinned, fractured, whatever.

This in addition to alive-training, not instead of it. You've still got to spar and roll, spar and roll, spar and roll...

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    8/09/2012 2:10pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So is light how you are going to go in the fight? Remember you still have to knock a ************ out.
    Or you could do liver TKOs, or under old bareknuckle rules you could clinch and throw over and over again.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast