Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2011 5:26am

Style: Judo, BJJ (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Nothing but spazzes for training partners

I need some advice, I recently relocated for only a few months, hence started BJJ at this new place three weeks now, and I get put with the many spazzes in my class and when the rolling starts, it becomes so dirty. They use crossfaces/face grinds, neck cranks, grobbits or catch and crank what ever limb they get and never use proper submissions. So I do what I do best, sweeping or rolling from the turtle position (hence the grobbit) to get the pin and it gets them every time and I only been using that technique and not using the techniques I learned in class. I ask the politely to calm the **** down, but as soon they open me with all the strength, they crank the arm, neck, ankle, etc. as fast as they can, so I am unable to tap out fast enough.

Therefore, the last three weeks, I sprained my shoulder, my ankle, dislocated my finger and numerous cuts of my face.

So what do I do?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2011 6:08am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Assuming you can't find at least one or two other students who are not jackasses, I'd get ahold of the instructor before or after class. Explain that the spazzing is interfering with your learning, and causing injuries. The latter should get their attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/24/2011 8:41am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frankly I had to look up what a "grobbit" was but if you are doing that YOU are the escalating spazz newb. Honestly if a newb did that to me on purpose I'd make him miserable for the entire class.

Consider talking to your training partners and returning violence with control not dickheaded neck cranks. For example, "I'm really new to this can we just roll for position? No submissions at all." Or "Hey are white belts allowed to heel hook and neck crank? I thought that was for higher belts only?"

Sometimes your own attitude gets you beat up. I acknowledge that some people are just rough spazz jerks but if it is everyone you roll with you might be part of the problem.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    10/24/2011 8:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Frankly I had to look up what a "grobbit" was but if you are doing that YOU are the escalating spazz newb. Honestly if a newb did that to me on purpose I'd make him miserable for the entire class.
    I had to look this up too, and I agree 100%

For the lazy out there:

I'm pretty easy going (hard to believe I know), and am usually happy to let a lot of **** slide, especially from newbies... but if someone did that to me, I'd spend the rest of the class throwing them at walls and doors.

Posted On:
    10/24/2011 9:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but for that you'll need skills that the OP may lack.

Sometimes your own attitude gets you beat up. I acknowledge that some people are just rough spazz jerks but if it is everyone you roll with you might be part of the problem.
    Don't discard the culture of the place.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/24/2011 9:40am

Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You misread what he said. He said that HE is using the "grobbit" on everyone to roll them over and pin them. He is using an illegal neck crank to pin people in a BJJ class. No points for pinning and if he can hit a "grobbit" he can just as easily guillotine people and not be a tool in the process.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    10/24/2011 9:51am

Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shut the hell up and train.

Posted On:
    10/24/2011 10:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You misread what he said. He said that HE is using the "grobbit" on everyone to roll them over and pin them.
    My bad, sorry. I read:

Quote Originally Posted by yottabit
    They use crossfaces/face grinds, neck cranks, grobbits or catch and crank what ever limb they get and never use proper submissions.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2011 10:02am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You misread what he said. He said that HE is using the "grobbit" on everyone to roll them over and pin them. He is using an illegal neck crank to pin people in a BJJ class. No points for pinning and if he can hit a "grobbit" he can just as easily guillotine people and not be a tool in the process.
    I think he needs to clarify his post. I thought he was saying they were trying to use a grobbit on him when he turtled and he rolled from that into some sort of pin.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2011 10:05am

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    never mind, didnt see what forum we where in, sorry
    Last edited by Pharabus; 10/24/2011 10:07am at . Reason: didnt want to detract from post due to forum
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast