--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Should I train with what could be the start of a cold?

DAMN YOU COLD!

It could be that it is my body's reaction to the fact that I woke up very cold the other morning because I didn't leave my heater on, or it could be a simple rhinovirus that is struggling to take hold, as I have rolled with someone recently who was "just coming out of a cold" and it has been going around my office.

Truthfully, it hasn't hit hard. I have a little nasal congestion, but can breathe relatively easy through it. Maybe a little reduced cardio, definitely not at my peak and this is causing me to feel only a tiny bit weakened. Paraphrasing my mate who was paraphrasing his coach, "if you keep the furnace hot enough, you'll burn through anything", referring to training and metabolism, which is why I think I am faring better than my co-workers who reckon when it hit them it hit them hard.

I have heard conflicting opinions on dealing with a potential cold. One idea is to train, sweat the ************ out and fight through it. The other is to jump into bed and fight it through rest.

Obviously I don't want to give a cold to someone if I have a cold, but I also don't want to give up a couple of days training just because I am feeling "a little off".

Tell me what to do.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why dont you do mostly cardio?
    Having a coughing dude on top of you is a good way to get sick for your mates

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not coughing.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I'm not coughing.
    Well there is still a large posibility of contagion
    Am I right?
    Anyways I heard from a fencing friend that if you shower just after you finish the excercise there is less posibility of getting a cold or worsening it

My advice is to: Dont roll, cardio and stretching until you get better

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My experiences training while sick have all been terrible.

If its not slowing your motivation and you dont feel like ****, go and have an easy day at the gym.

If you are full on sick, stay the **** home. You will just lengthen your recovery by training. Your friend who thinks he can burn through an illness is an idiot.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always stop training for a day or two to figure out if it's allergies or an actual cold. I do this more because getting your training partners sick is a douchebag move, rather than being concerned with my personal welfare.
    Shut the hell up and train.