Style
    Hapkido, Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Vancouver Martial Artist

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to bullshido and I live in Vancouver. Mostly be lurking around and looking at events and school reviews in my area. The yellow sticky told me to post; so here I am!

Style
    Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crazy I just joined like 15 minuts ago and Im from the same hometown!

What gym do you train at?

Style
    Krav Maga
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vancouver BC or Vancouver WA?

I am in Vancouver BC and I've been training at Tactix Gym in Krav Maga for the last 2 years. They also offer kickboxing, BJJ, conditioning and cross fit.

lately, I've been testing Maelstrom. They offer South-East Asia martial arts such as Kali and Silat.

Style
    Jacket wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi. To the 2 boxers up there do you know of any boxing gyms other than north burnaby boxing club and sugar ray's?

Style
    Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    Hi. To the 2 boxers up there do you know of any boxing gyms other than north burnaby boxing club and sugar ray's?

There is astoria in east hasting and peps boxing are the ones I go to

Also in north van there is griffens in north van,contenders in burrard downtown.

Style
    Hapkido, Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right now I'm training and testing out a kickboxing school in Vancouver. I'm also returning to my old hapkido school, not doing boxing atm though..

Style
    Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    Sugarrays on Granville, buyer beware, the owner is rude, aggressive , and may have boxers dementia. The sales pitch is friendly service, most member avoid the owner and won't come in if he is there. The staff trainers are good but they all leave after a few weeks or months. The owner will not train anybody. He may know a lot but so what if he never teaches it. Otherwise, the standard boxing techniques are not allowed for beginner, this leaves lots of confusion as many people already have some training. it seems the Sugarrays methods are weird and outdated, not the stuff Freddie roach or Russ anber use as basic boxing technique or almost all other boxing gyms. The owner insults members and staff in front of all making a very unfriendly space to train, trainers have to hid standard training methods, members are getting frustrated, it is too sad, as it could be a good gym if under better management. Former members sincere comments. If you really want to learn proper boxing , pay a bit more, and go to well know trainers like north burnaby boxing, griffins, or dynamics or queens bough, or tony pep in new west. East side boxing also should be up and running soon and will likely put Sugarrays out of business" or take a lot of members. another place is "beyond boxing