Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/01/2012 11:07am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Judo stylist uses grappling to steal Pokemon cards

ASHLEY MCKENZIE BECAME JUDO CHAMPION AFTER CHILDHOOD SCRAP OVER POKEMON CARD

Ashley McKenzie is one to watch during the London 2012 Games

Tuesday July 3,2012
    By Charlotte Meredith for express.co.uk

ASHLEY McKenzie is one of the UK’s brightest stars for the fast-approaching Olympics, already gaining gold in several international events.

The 22-year-old was not always so controlled with his sparring however, often getting into fights as a youngster, before he realised that behind his childish scraps hid a natural talent.

Ashley, who has recently returned to the UK from an intensive training tour, became interested in judo after he was attacked walking the streets of London near his home.

“I had one of those top Pokemon cards,” he explained– a shiny Charizard one for those who will understand the significance– “when this guy came up to me and snatched it off me.

“I went to grab it back and the next thing I knew I was flipped straight over his head,” he added, talking exclusively to express.co.uk.

Ashley was left stunned by the powerful move, he said: “I thought this is not right, what he has just done to me is not right.

“I googled the move when I got home and judo came up, so I found the nearest judo club and there he was,” he said.

After confronting his attacker and getting his Pokemon card back, Ashley realised that judo could offer him the opportunity to use his fighting skills for the better.

Full article at http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...r-Pokemon-card

Stop judo now. Support the TWISTED RIBBON CAMPAIGN.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2012 12:47pm

Style: Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There has to be some kind of martial arts movie plot in here. Young man has shiny charizard stolen, trains for years to become a badass. Has final epic showdown with his attacker, who by this time is the dangerous head of a collectible card-game bootlegging ring.

Posted On:
    8/01/2012 1:38pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First Ronda, now this guy. What is it with judoka and Pokemans?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2012 2:08pm

Style: Kyokushin/Capoeira

Hell yeah! Hell no!

This Throh understands the love between judoka and pokemon.

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    8/04/2012 7:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brings back memories and feelings of regret. I had that card and the entire original first edition set, and the jungle first edition set when they first came out. Probably worth more than it cost me by now... foolishly gave it to my sisters when I move. In under a year they sold the expensive ones and ruined the rest.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 4:28pm

Style: Tkd,mauythai,bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol. This isn't surprising. I was stabbed by a nail on my left lat(back) by my god brother when our parents gave us each 100 to spend on the cards and I pulled one holographic charizard, he being the bigger card fanatic, even did the you-gay-hoe stuff, snapped and tried to take it. I had no training then, was too young. This was when the age of pokemon was more addicting to the community than crack. And biker gangs had Gameboys.