Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2012 9:44pm

supporting member
     Style: yoga/bodyweight mainly

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Life's a bitch, then you die

I was talking to my dad a little bit ago about jobs and **** when I said something like, "....in 5 years I'll be 30." Which made me realise, in 5 years I'll be fucking 30!! Jesus where did the time go? I feel so old.

All of a sudden my give a damn has increased, I don't feel the need to prove myself (quite as often), I have goles in life, I don't feel the need to **** any girl that will lay there long enough (ok, that one is a lie), for the first time ever I can take care of mine and not have to look over my shoulder constantly. I think my machuradee kicked in or something.

Anywho, let's hear some life advice and **** for a up and comer old timer.
    Start a training log!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2012 9:48pm

Style: BJJ/Iron Palm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stretch regularly keep your glutes and quads strong and keep the weight off old man.

Posted On:
    7/31/2012 9:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most of the time you will only feel alive if you are eating well, fucking or fighting. Try to do all three as often as possible.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/31/2012 10:02pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You got life advice in another thread. If you **** on anything, SINCE YOU ASKED, this will be moved to trollshido.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    7/31/2012 10:07pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I was talking to my dad a little bit ago about jobs and **** when I said something like, "....in 5 years I'll be 30." Which made me realise, in 5 years I'll be fucking 30!! Jesus where did the time go? I feel so old.

All of a sudden my give a damn has increased, I don't feel the need to prove myself (quite as often), I have goles in life, I don't feel the need to **** any girl that will lay there long enough (ok, that one is a lie), for the first time ever I can take care of mine and not have to look over my shoulder constantly. I think my machuradee kicked in or something.

Anywho, let's hear some life advice and **** for a up and comer old timer.
    Harden the **** up. Also shut the **** up and train.

Get your **** straight. I've had to start over career/job-wise three times now. I've learned to be organized. There are a long range plans A and B. I know that if my company, or the one I work for, goes down the tubes, it will be a temporary set back at best. Being prepared, avoiding impulse buys and saving money has allowed me to hold onto both houses I've owned even when I was out of work for more than a few months.

The older you get, the more your body hurts. Try not to complain about it though. The 70 year old guy next to you is in twice as much pain, and he's not bitching about it.

Finally, the words are spelled "goal" and "maturity". Take the time to install a web browser with a built in spell checker. Then use it. There's really no excuse to misspell words in this day and age other than slothful laziness. After all, all it takes is a right click on the mouse.

Don't be a sloth.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2012 10:23pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You got life advice in another thread. If you **** on anything, SINCE YOU ASKED, this will be moved to trollshido.
    Idr me shitting on anything besides wild assumptions drawn about my character. Just have a good time man, all will be well. Also, maybe don't ask someone to troll me then call me a lemon if I **** on somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Harden the **** up. Also shut the **** up and train.

Get your **** straight. I've had to start over career/job-wise three times now. I've learned to be organized. There are a long range plans A and B. I know that if my company, or the one I work for, goes down the tubes, it will be a temporary set back at best. Being prepared, avoiding impulse buys and saving money has allowed me to hold onto both houses I've owned even when I was out of work for more than a few months.
    What kinds of things have you done to prepare for your company going down the shitter?

The older you get, the more your body hurts. Try not to complain about it though. The 70 year old guy next to you is in twice as much pain, and he's not bitching about it.
    Yeah my shoulder was extra sore today plus my vagi.... wait, you said to STOP bitching.

Finally, the words are spelled "goal" and "maturity". Take the time to install a web browser with a built in spell checker. Then use it. There's really no excuse to misspell words in this day and age other than slothful laziness. After all, all it takes is a right click on the mouse.
    This was a joke carried on from another thread. I'm actually a pretty smart dude who cares about punctuation, grammar, and spelling even if I talk ignorant as ****. I can't stand to type dumb unless it's a joke.

Don't be a sloth.
    What about envy, greed, glutton...?
    Start a training log!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2012 10:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbd View Post
    Stretch regularly keep your glutes and quads strong and keep the weight off old man.
    Lol I used to do yoga on a P90X dvd. Idk why I lol'd, maybe you can clarify mind doctor. But I really do need to do this. How do you motivate yourself to do them?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Most of the time you will only feel alive if you are eating well, fucking or fighting. Try to do all three as often as possible.
    And Fake thought I was gonna **** on somebody. So far the advice is a nice, moist yellow cake and this was the caramel icing Grandma makes.
    Start a training log!

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    7/31/2012 10:45pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What kinds of things have you done to prepare for your company going down the shitter?
    Personally, I paid my taxes ahead of time using the quarterly program. I also put a medium amount into savings every month. My goal has always been to have more than a year's salary in savings. I've gotten there and then lost it more than once. I've also never had to apply for unemployment because of my savings. Other than that, the before mentioned avoiding impulse buys and using credit sparingly have probably been the other key factors.

I also paid my worker's comp, SS and carried insurance. I could argue that paying all that was ultimately a toxic expense to my company, but when I got audited there were no penalties. When I got sued, they lost and had to pay all my legal fees.

Full disclosure, I decided to work for other people in 2009, and am still doing so today.

I have more than a few friends whom have much bigger houses and nicer cars than I do. They're also up to their eyeballs in debt. For me, avoiding debt other than sensible mortgages and car payments has definitely been instrumental in surviving and eventually bouncing back quickly from lean times.

This was a joke carried on from another thread. I'm actually a pretty smart dude who cares about punctuation, grammar, and spelling even if I talk ignorant as ****. I can't stand to type dumb unless it's a joke.
    Duly noted.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/31/2012 10:45pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

And Fake thought I was gonna **** on somebody.
    Want some advice? Go back to school and finish your education.

Thought? No, that's called a warning. Crowing about something AFTER you were warned is stupid.

Posted On:
    7/31/2012 11:02pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** you for reminding me I'm 30 in a month.

On the other hand, I'm 30 in a month. I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs, am fitter than I have ever been, am strong, financially better off, confident in myself, confident in my interactions with women from meeting them to trying to get them to leave in the morning, I have achievable goals, a five year and a ten year plan, have the weight of experience behind me on many fronts, have style that suits me, have friends and family that love me and I them and am respected as someone who knows what the **** he is talking about, on the internet as well as in real life. Something that still shocks me.

30s is actually the golden era for guys, we think it's our 20s, but we're wrong. In our 20s we are still considered "too young" to know what we are talking about, this phenomenon fades out at around 27-28. In our 20s we might be able to pick up a cougar, but they are only using us for our youthful exuberance, not our skills. In our 20s girls our age are looking for a guy in their 30s. In our 20s we waste our energy on fruitless pursuits because we are too optimistic. Our goals are skewed.

In the modern era the boy becomes a man as he approaches 30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast