Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/02/2014 7:32pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Long Pole video Wing Chun

I was hoping to get an opinion on this school. I've been interested in Wing Chun but have heard some really bad opinions about it on this forum. This school has a video which to me seemed pretty cool but I don't know anything about long pole. What do you guys think?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu_2sjoK6m8

Posted On:
    1/25/2015 11:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Tonyjw86;2839173]I was hoping to get an opinion on this school. I've been interested in Wing Chun but have heard some really bad opinions about it on this forum. This school has a video which to me seemed pretty cool but I don't know anything about long pole. What do you guys think?

Not much to see on that short video,but they are from the Leung Ting lineage. Leung Ting was a private student of GM Ip Man and LT has one of the biggest organizations in the world.

Fear is the only darkness.

Posted On:
    2/10/2015 4:10pm

supporting member
     Style: 無木兔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not just Wing Chun, but FMA as well.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/10/2015 5:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyjw86 View Post
    I was hoping to get an opinion on this school. I've been interested in Wing Chun but have heard some really bad opinions about it on this forum. This school has a video which to me seemed pretty cool but I don't know anything about long pole. What do you guys think?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu_2sjoK6m8
    Well I think you need to specify what you are looking for before we can comment on whether this school looks right for you or not.

Spending just a couple minutes on the website doesn't exactly give the impression that you are training with "athletes" who are interested in actual "fighting"...

The website says that training will help you "loose" weight...yet the instructor is a fella who could probably stand to lose 100 or so extra pounds.

Nowhere on their curriculum does it say anything about sparring...And honestly there is a lot of questionable claims on the website (Wing Chun is an ELITE system!) that would send me running.

But hey...maybe you are interested in learning weapons that have absolutely no contemporary value with regards to self defense (i.e. wing chun long pole)?