Posted On:
    7/30/2012 12:11am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Olympics, NBC cuts 7/7 tribute, and more pablum

http://deadspin.com/5929778/heres-th...ant-you-to-see

I got to wonder what the suits in NBC were thinking. Instead of a moving tribute (some say boring, but pearls before swine) the folks in the USA got to see a "...lengthy and meaningless Ryan Seacrest interview of Michael Phelps." I've only watched some the ceremonies on internet, but I read that they butchered up much of the opening ceremonies, talking over singers and such, and from what I've been able to watch, their inanities and awkwardness dominates. Horrid crapola.

Here's a good analysis of the ceremonies, with comments: https://www.facebook.com/RogerEbert/...52739404842607

And speaking of spoon feeding pablum to us Americans, here's some covers of Newsweek. Do the marketing people assume that we are somehow not deserving of real issues? Or do they KNOW that we are not deserving of considering real issues; pablum sells in America? As John Reed said almost a hundred years ago, Americans are the most politically ignorant people on Earth (one can always watch the movie Reds...).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1aaa.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	13547
    Name:  1aabaa.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  37.1 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1aaaa.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	13549

And speaking of USA and our ignorance and apathy (How do you define ignorance and apathy? I don't know and I don't care!) has anyone caught the (first denied) 'secret' meeting where Obama snuck into Afghanistan and signed a treaty with that crook Karzai that continues the USA war for, at least, until 2024? USA! USA! Number One!* At least in ignorance. One could assume that a very unpopular war's twelve year extension would piss people off, but nope, not a fucking ripple in the Good Old USA!

*and divorce, drug addiction, debt, obesity, car thefts, murders, prison population and incarceration rates, military bases, military spending (U.S. military spending is greater than the military spending of China, Russia, Japan, India, and the rest of NATO combined - and for God's sake don't ask why), and health care spending. But not to worry, we made it to #46 on infant mortality. And to the idiots who will tell me I should move to another country, Puna is WAY out there, hardly even part of Hawaii, and Hawaii itself was illegally stolen at gun point, so in a sense I've moved to a foreign country already.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    7/30/2012 12:23am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2024? He's just giving 'Muricah enough time to find all those terrists and bring them to justus.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    7/30/2012 8:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're going to rant the least you could do is make it interesting. This is just more of your racist bullshit whining.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/30/2012 8:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nevermind this bullshit. The real story of the Olympics is this chick:

Badass of the month?

Posted On:
    7/30/2012 8:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know about badass of the month, maybe douchebag of the month fits better. Gotta love that tight security.

By the way, and maybe someone from England can answer this, what in the name of the word **** was up with that giant baby at the opening?? Was that just for the world wide chill down the spine effect??

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/30/2012 9:04am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brits are fucking weird. As proof, please see Exhibit A:

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/30/2012 9:37am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    If you're going to rant the least you could do is make it interesting. This is just more of your racist bullshit whining.
    uh, yeah, hmmm, I seem to have a hard time understanding sarcasm on the internet, as witness Gezere's post, but if you aren't joking then you are coming off the wall, I guess. Where is the racism?
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    7/30/2012 10:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    uh, yeah, hmmm, I seem to have a hard time understanding sarcasm on the internet, as witness Gezere's post, but if you aren't joking then you are coming off the wall, I guess. Where is the racism?
    It was just a troll because I found your rant to be somewhat boring and a repeat of previous rants. The racist part was because you bitch about America and those basterd white guys that stole your island(not the first time). But anyhoo it's just a troll on my part.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    7/30/2012 10:21am

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    How do you define ignorance and apathy?
    Brought to you by the letter...

And all you need
    Is one good reason
    One good reason
    You don't believe

You want a mapped out
    blank existance
    So you don't feel stupid
    Before you leave

Posted On:
    7/30/2012 10:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    O.k., so how do your propose the members of this site reform American Mainstream Media?
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast