223828 Bullies, 3932 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 6:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it weren't so ugly it may be worth adding to a collection just as a conversation piece. But on top of being a terrible design for a weapon it also looks like a dog turd. The decorations are sloppy and hastily done. Really no redeeming qualities IMO.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 6:09pm

Style: Combatives/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    If it weren't so ugly it may be worth adding to a collection just as a conversation piece. But on top of being a terrible design for a weapon it also looks like a dog turd. The decorations are sloppy and hastily done. Really no redeeming qualities IMO.
    Being that the guy got it while in Afghanistan it'll probably always serve as a wall piece or conversation piece. Civilians won't really know or care that it's crap. It'll just be something "cool from the war". It's really difficult to find good war trophies so crap like this is all the soldiers can really bring home as their mementos. I've got a few crap items like this to show the grandkids some day on top of a a couple of "quality" items.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 6:11pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypno View Post
    Being that the guy got it while in Afghanistan it'll probably always serve as a wall piece or conversation piece. Civilians won't really know or care that it's crap. It'll just be something "cool from the war". It's really difficult to find good war trophies so crap like this is all the soldiers can really bring home as their mementos. I've got a few crap items like this to show the grandkids some day on top of a a couple of "quality" items.
    Meh. A turd is a turd is a turd. We should kick the **** out of Germany again. They know how to make **** worth pillaging.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 6:17pm

Style: Combatives/BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Meh. A turd is a turd is a turd. We should kick the **** out of Germany again. They know how to make **** worth pillaging.
    Plus they have beer halls and a healthy attitude towards casual sex. The US government has not considered the soldiers' R&R needs at all in their choices of who to invade. Piss poor planning.

Posted On:
    8/13/2012 6:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypno View Post
    Plus they have beer halls and a healthy attitude towards casual sex. The US government has not considered the soldiers' R&R needs at all in their choices of who to invade. Piss poor planning.
    They learned their lesson from Nam when half the infantry got strung out on hookers and dope.

Now they only invade dry, humorless countries run by mad clerics who make Pat Roberston look like Ron Jeremy.

Good luck finding entertaining vices in a place where showing ankles is "provacative"!

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/29/2012 6:06am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Nick Papadakis posted this on his site (bloodsport.com), saying it was something he came across when deployed in Afghanistan:

Its a folding pick that folds into 2 pieces. I looked up their other example of it to see it in the closed position:

Reminds me of a folding bowie knife, which mostly seem to be made in Pakistan

Also looks a lot like a kama. I imagine a well-placed attack with one of these could end a fight pretty quickly.

http://www.faganarms.com/Afghan-Fold...har-22920.aspx
    http://bloodsport.com/product_info.php?products_id=160
    I saw many weapons in the bazars in Afghanistan but none of them were really good (quality wise) so I ended up buy a bunch of vases an blankets to send home.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2012 7:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,WT,Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Google is your fucking friend. http://www.oriental-arms.co.il/item.php?id=492

" "lohar", or war pick/war axe used by Bannochi warriors from the Khyber Pass region of Afghanistan." the folding versions seem to be novelty intended for bazaars and tourists but fixed haft\shaft versions do exist.Personally i think they have a certain rough charm,not that iŽd be interested in owning one unless it fell my way for free.

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 12:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** we should start importing them this is the type of crap you can sell at the swap meet and gun shows all day long.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2012 12:01pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,WT,Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe if it had a single folding section instead of two,it wouldnt be so annoying...in fact im almost sure ive seen one like it,in the Zorro sequel with Antonio Banderas,the butler mook carried one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 9:12am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apologies for the necro, but this just popped up on my Youtube feed:

It looks like the Shastar Vidya guys are claiming its one of their weapons as well.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast