Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2012 4:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's been an awful season of Olympic boxing.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    8/11/2012 9:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't seen a fucking boxing match, because the local station bought exclusive rights and then decided to just not fucking show some ****, boxing and judo included. **** those motherfuckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 3:54am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So SPOILERS...

Overall, I've really enjoyed following this competition. Sure, there have been some bad decisions and refereeing, but then it's not like that's unheard of in pro boxing (and MMA - I'm looking at you Cecil Peoples). Also, there are so many matches over such a short period it's not overly surprising. That said, the scoring can be a bit of mystery but it does seem to make more sense when I've watched ringside rather than on TV - not sure why though.

I was at the first set of finals last night and, like all the events I've been to, it was well run, loads of fun and a great atmosphere.
    China won the gold in the Light Fly with an unpopular decision over Thailand. Zou seemed to quite a lot larger and bullied his opponent accordingly. Pongprayoon put up a scrappy and tenacious offense but couldn't do enough - according to the judges. The crowd and his coach however strongly disagreed. Of all 5 fights this was probably the one with the hardest decision to understand, but it wasn't daylight robbery. Score should have been closer.
    Up next - GB v Ireland Bantam. Going into this I thought Ireland's O'neil would win it, but Campbell just nicked an early lead and did just enough to hang on to it. Gold for GB - the arena goes mad. After the home crowd excitement of that match, the others seem a little flat all some decent boxing on display.
    Light Welter - an convincing win in classic Cuban style.
    Middle weight - I liked the look of the Brazilian but Murata's discipline and efficiency seemed to wear him down.
    Heavy - an entertaining match with the showy Italian not quite doing enough in beat Ukraine. The Ukrainian celebrates his gold with a Cossack dance. Awesome.
    http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...rainejigv2.jpg

Five more finals to go .. 2 featuring Brits. Sweet.

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 5:07am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you can get some vids up it would be awesome.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 10:11am

Style: Aikido, Aikiken, Aikijo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Olympic Boxing Final

So, what do you think?

Being Italian i will not express my opinion, i'd like to hear from you lot, the experts.

Joshua or Cammarelle?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 11:52am

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Joshua.

B-)

Also, the Kazakh guy who won the welters was superb.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 1:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Joshua lost...
    Even on a countback he should have lost.
    But tremendous class show by both boxers throughout and afterwards by the Italian.

Freddie Evans also got his ass handed to him and looked completely out of his league.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 2:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where did all those Southpaws come from? Unbelievable.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 3:47pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah...I think that's why Evans couldn't come up with a game plan, Eddie.
    He looked like he was thrown off.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2012 3:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    I haven't seen a fucking boxing match, because the local station bought exclusive rights and then decided to just not fucking show some ****, boxing and judo included. **** those motherfuckers.
    I hardly got to see any either until today - the Canadian channels tend to show mainly the medal matches unless one of our own is fighting.
    BUT - I'm glad CTV finally came through . I got to see all the wrestling and boxing medal matches over the past two afternoons.
    Thank god, because I was getting frustrated and thought I was going to miss out.
    If I'm going to spend a week and sit through fucking synchronized swimming and BMX racing, at some point I expect to be rewarded by getting to see real sporting events.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast