Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. danielsaun

Posted On:
    7/27/2012 9:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    Something something judo and boxing.
    I think that is good advice I will check out the local judo club is there a school which teaches both? Can one practice judo with moderate back problems?

Posted On:
    7/27/2012 9:28pm

Style: Humbleness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go do Enshin

This guys dont need eye gouges to fight

Also ponder on the skill to moderate the level of violence you are going to apply when defending yourself instead of eye gouge-maim-kill compliant techniques you are doing
  3. danielsaun

Posted On:
    7/27/2012 9:45pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Which "Guru?" One tells you to do something and you nut up. Another tells you to heed poor advice and you listen.
    Actually both of them at my school. One studied under Steven Planck our drills are similar to his upper body drills on YT. I get conflicting info from each at times and they know it and have this attitude that I should pick up from each of them and don't get why I am confused. A lack of consistency on their part.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/30/2012 7:21am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look, stop being an Sandy McGinastein & wasting your time and our time.

Quit your current school, you're being an asshole to your teach. Now, you may insist you're not being an asshole in class, but your responses to everyone on this thread are pretty much convincing. Your ARE that guy. You're the guy who pisses off your training partners by doing **** that they're not in class to work. You're a selfish son of a bitch who ruins the experience for everyone else, and has a high and mighty reason that he uses to justify it.

Either stop being that guy, or quit the damn Silat school. Either shut up and train, or walk. Either way, your teacher will thank you, and you might actually learn something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2012 11:22am

Style: Traditional Mix

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you do not have the experience and training to really evaluate what your current instructor is offering you, what in the world makes you think you have a right to criticise him, even if he asks you for feedback? You pull out BS moves to compensate for your lack of skill in drills? Really? Maybe it is time for you to pad up and go a round or two with some of the other students that have been there long enough to develop the refined motor skills of the advanced drills and see where you stand? I know at my school that would have happened to you by now. Nothing vicious, just a reality check.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/30/2012 1:35pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsaun View Post
    Actually both of them at my school. One studied under Steven Planck our drills are similar to his upper body drills on YT. I get conflicting info from each at times and they know it and have this attitude that I should pick up from each of them and don't get why I am confused. A lack of consistency on their part.
    Then go to another school. Yes, it is that easy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2012 2:39pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****, dude, just STFU and train, to echo the broken record of the Bullshido choir. Yes, MA's do need to evolve to maintain its effectiveness, but you are in no position to be offering your opinion after a FISCAL QUARTER of training. Do you seriously think that you will be the one to make your Guru's lightbulb go off in an "a HA! I never thought an ear slap would work in this technique... I have so much to learn from this prodigy that is still learning how to throw a punch!"

Trust me, with no previous experience, you have nothing to offer your instructor. Nothing (except your money). Even if you did have previous experience, you are at a Silat class to learn Silat. If you want to go do some BS SD class, go for that, but PLEASE do not be that guy. There is one at every gym where they question EVERYTHING and waste everyone else's time (and try their patience). They do not last long.

A personal anecdote (we know how well those go here). I practiced XY for a few years, and as an IMA, there are approximately five hundred body mechanics you need to pay attention to when STANDING STILL, much less performing techniques. When I made the transition to Muay Thai, there were some questions too, but to my coach's point, just do the goddamn techniques and polish them as you get better. Do what they tell you and then after you get decent from a techniques standpoint (a year or so) then maybe you can ask some more nuanced questions.

Otherwise, STFU and train, either at your current place or elsewhere. It isn't your curriculum. Don't be the intern that requests a private meeting with the CEO to tell them how to better run their business.

Good luck.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456