I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    7/28/2012 9:07am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice one V

was your TKD of benefit to you, you got some nice kicks in there (4.12 :])

LOL at Voice Over Man comentator
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/28/2012 10:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kickboxing?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was the white belt.

There is more info in the YT description bar too.

I think I lost that fight because I kept retreating when I got hit, plus I accidentally landed two groin shots and a punch deflected into his chin.

I have bad habits from my TKD in regards to not following through with my kicks, I still snap them a lot. I'd been doing some Muay Thai as well, but I've had 5 years ingrained into me :|

I used a couple of trick kicks, the inside leg/head kick and a very poorly executed spinning heel.

In the first fight I made the guy drop his hands with a fake front kick which I turned into a head kick, (question mark kick I think it's called?) and a jumping turning kick which landed as well, although I fell on my arse!

I didn't even know I had won my first fight as the adrenalin was crazy.

I think everyone should try a full contact fight, you'll definately learn something :D

**The commentator is one of the Sempais, he's an actor actually ha. Here's a showreel, you may have seen him on T.V before.

Last edited by Volya; 7/28/2012 10:30am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2012 2:36pm

Style: BJJ/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Volya View Post
    I was the white belt.
    I thought you did great. In a MT fight that chin shot would've worked for your not against you. Like I said, you showed (in my opinion) way more aggression and landed more shots than your opponent. And he was a blackbelt? Congratulations.

Posted On:
    7/28/2012 2:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The MT rubbed off in one good way: your hand position was superior to your opponent's (except when you threw kicks: then they dropped straight-arm floorward--please don't do that; you can power-kick without leaving yourself wide-open).

Also, (especially when more squared to your opponent), try to avoid flaring those elbows. It serves no purpose other than handing the adversary a nice open target in your midsection. As well, really try to lose the habit of giving anyone your back after kicking. There are far better ways of escaping potential counters.

Good on you, meanwhile, for stepping up and keeping up a decent pace throughout. You look like you can pull off the hard work and sweat it takes to really progress in KK.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/29/2012 6:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kickboxing?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbd View Post
    I thought you did great. In a MT fight that chin shot would've worked for your not against you. Like I said, you showed (in my opinion) way more aggression and landed more shots than your opponent. And he was a blackbelt? Congratulations.
    Bluebelt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    The MT rubbed off in one good way: your hand position was superior to your opponent's (except when you threw kicks: then they dropped straight-arm floorward--please don't do that; you can power-kick without leaving yourself wide-open).

Also, (especially when more squared to your opponent), try to avoid flaring those elbows. It serves no purpose other than handing the adversary a nice open target in your midsection. As well, really try to lose the habit of giving anyone your back after kicking. There are far better ways of escaping potential counters.

Good on you, meanwhile, for stepping up and keeping up a decent pace throughout. You look like you can pull off the hard work and sweat it takes to really progress in KK.
    Hah, yeah that's about it hey. I did probably better than I thought I would though. Cheers for the advice!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12